1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TOLL & FasTag Updates

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by amogh, Aug 3, 2010.

1. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    This hope I am sure will be shortlived as this seems to be one of the poll tricks keeping in mind the forthcoming assembly elections. It will be worth seeing if it continues after the polls too depending upon who wins.

However the logic to levy toll on the road is simply idiotic.
    2 people like this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    So very true, precisely what I thought about this sudden change of heart of these politicians. Is this even legal, given that many of these toll booths are supposedly yet to recover huge sums. The courts should take suo-motto cognizance of such tricks and warn and humiliate the government. Or maybe the EC should regulate more such marketing gimmicks via some tighter regulations pre-election.

The whole concept of BOT is not bad at all. But what can be done about the corruption in awarding, building and operating new infrastructure projects. Surely most of us know how deep rooted this problem is.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I was laughing when I read that the party which awarded the road development faced resistance for toll levy from its very own party people. Such irony. Now the state govt want somebody else to foot the bill, infact the cost is being forced upon the state utility.

Has anyone travelled on the road? Hows the road surface? Like the rest of the roads wavy or smooth?
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Yes, even I also think that all these are political gimmicks. And as stated by asimpleson, some steps should be taken by EC to regulate the doles especially given before elections and withdrawn after that.

I have travelled on these roads quite frequently, since its construction days. Work done is quite good. In some places in this stretch there are 10 lanes!! All cement roads not much of undulation. Supernova just glides over it. :)
    1 person likes this.
  6. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I've purchased FASTag in the first week of July'16 for my punto. It is a very good move by NHAI. Let us share updates of FASTAg under this thread which will be useful for other travellers and FASTag users.

Request mods to add FASTAG to the title of the thread.

Fastag Photo.jpg
    prabhu and PradeepM like this.
  7. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    I received the FasTag for my car sometime in June. It was tested at the only FasTag enabled gate after Shamshabad, on a trip to Kurnool in June 2016.

fastag-jpg.88358.jpg

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    prabhu and KPR like this.
  8. prabhu

prabhu Timido

Coimbatore
    Coimbatore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Fantastic bro.
    How to apply for it? Should I visit nearest toll plaza? Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
  9. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Prabhu,

You can send a message to the below

SMS - ITOLL(Space)Pincode(Space)Name to 5676766. Example ITOLL 400051 Roshan Kumar

Or buy the tag directly at the below Toll Plazas.
    http://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Banking/cards/prepaid/fastag/fastag-pos-location.page?#toptitle

Or call the toll free number in the above link for best suitable option in your location as I do not see any toll gates listed near Coimbatore (your location as per profile page).

Cheers,
    Pradeep.

Sent from my Lenovo A6000 using Tapatalk
    prabhu likes this.
  10. prabhu

prabhu Timido

Coimbatore
    Coimbatore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thank you Pradeep!

Will try the above option.
    Yes am from Coimbatore and nearest toll plaza is Kumarapalayam. That's far from here. 100km.

Thank you again. Well send sms and check and I'll update you here.

Cheers
    Prabhu.
    Have a good day!

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk