1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TOLL & FasTag Updates

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by amogh, Aug 3, 2010.

1. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I agree then why need to pay road tax??
    If road tax is waived off, the vehicle's cost will come down marginally (may be 30K difference)
  2. @ Rishi, in karnataka it might come down as much as 80-90k for Punto active diesel. Some of the tolls are too heavy to pay in karnataka

Bangalore to Hassan toll costs as much as Volvo bus charge from Blr to Hsn :shocked
    1 person likes this.
  3. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Toll details of bhubaneshwar to chennai, aka, NH 5.

Capturetoll.PNG

Not posting the return toll figures as same route was followed.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Tolls get heavy in TN

If you are travelling to Bangalore or Tindivanam via Tambaram, you will now have to shell out more as toll rates on these roads have been hiked by 10 per cent from April 1.

Of the 40 toll plazas under the control of the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) in the State, the rates have been revised for 18. The rates will come into effect at the other plazas soon.

Source - Tolls get heavy - The Hindu
  5. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Even the Mumbai- Pune expressway toll rates have been hiked starting April 1st, its gone from 165 bucks to 195 bucks for a single trip :eek:

I am just hoping they don't increase the toll on the Satara road simply because that is one of the worst stretches I have driven on and I end up paying something like 70 + 65 bucks :(
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  6. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    I wonder why this information has not been posted here before.

The source : Now, get toll plaza info on smartphone - The Times of India

However, every time I've tried to visit the site I got a message "The site is under construction".
  7. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Collecting toll is okay but not maintaing the roads is not okay. The Poonamallee - Ranipet section of NH4 is pathetic and they still want us to pay toll for it. I think now they have just filled up the pot holes but the road is still poor. There are so many undualtions too.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    New Toll policy for the Maharashtra govt was announced on Monday and as expected there is no respite for the 5 tolls of Mumbai i.e Vashi Mulund, Dahisar, Airoli & Vashi neither for the Mumbai Pune Expressway.

the key highlights of the policy are:
    1) Distance between two tolls on a single road should be more than 45 kms and not less than 25km on adjoining roads
    2) All state transport exempted from toll
    3) Digitalized counting of vehicles before and after awarding of the toll contract to avoid over toll collection controversy.
    4) Every toll should have public toilets, parking zones, drinking water, weighbridges, CCTV and police posts.
    5) No privatization & toll recovery for projects less than 200 c
    6) People living within 5km of toll will pay discounted rates.. Daily passes to be 2.5 times one way fare, monthly pass to be 50 times one way fare.

Few contrasting facts if the new policy is effected.
    1) Distance between Bandra Worli sea link & Dahisar tolls is around 25 kms, between Dahisar & GB Road toll is less than 20Km. So ideally these tolls should not operate
    2) None of the tolls provide the basic faclities such as drinking water, weighing bridge, CCTV etc, so will they continue to operate.

There is a proposed toll coming up at Kamothe to recover the Sion Panvel highway costs which if becomes reality will hit the Navi Mumbai commuters real hard as they will have to shell out Rs 60 for vashi toll and Rs 60 for the Kamothe toll.
    1 person likes this.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The terms of BOT have been such that these parties will go to court against government; the government cannot arbitrarily stop toll collection now.

God knows if this is just another hogwash against people only to show appeasement towards one party in state agitating against these toll booths.
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Even I saw this, one more toll :eek:. Shiv sena hoardings were seen near toll last month asking people not to pay tax. This area is I suppose in NMMC limits , so why are they charging toll? We all pay road tax during purchasing vehicles.