1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

To sell or not to sell?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by asthana, Apr 28, 2013.

1. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    You must be kidding!!!

Agreed that RTOs here are far better than the ones in other states and cities but the tout system is still very prominent, professionalism is hardly seen in the officials. But yes, comparatively more steadfast than other states' rtos.

And @asthana, no need for delhi registration. Save yourself the hassle of getting that done and drive around with MH12. No problems at all.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  2. adit

adit Regolare

Sell it here....

buy a new car from KHT Motors Bangalore and drive it to Delhi on temp registration...get there and do permanent registration and enjoy driving it around :D :D :D :D
  3. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Good Example is Bangalore you can see all states Cars - DL, TN, KL, PB, CG .. etc etc running around without any problems
  4. eyeguy

@ Asthana ... the main thing you are not considering is that the resale value of Fiat is shit!
    If you don't believe me ask around.
    Fiat is not meant to be a resalable car and now even more so with no service centers anywhere.
    Just hang on to the car. Even in Mumbai the cops don't bother about outside state registration anymore. I see vehicles from all over.
    So just don't bother.
  5. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Hey Man...

Just take it anywhere accross India... Not an Issue ....Have seen people driving thier cars from different states irrespective of the Regn number...Dont Worry ...Be Happy and Dont try selling it as Eyeguy Mentioned you want get a good resale value....
  6. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Different state registration is not an issue anywhere in India. I am riding TN-22 Reg Honda Activa since 2007 in UK, no one ever asked. Only thing I got a NOC from Meenambakkam RTO when I moved my scooter from there & keep a copy of it along with RTO letter always with me. Even renewing insurance on a TN registered vehicle in UK is not an issue.
    There are thousands of defense personal & govt employees who keep transferring from one state to another very frequently. They hardly transfer their vehicle to the new state. So go ahead with your Linea & enjoy its ride in DL, only thing get a NOC of car from local RTO.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

they come under special categories .
    Defence :: They dont follow any civilian laws at all. They have their own registrations if you've noticed.
    Govt employees :: Well we all know how govt is so you can take that out of the equation as well.

Finally, all is well till things are well. Any person needs to register their vehicles when you move state borders. Its not for the govt but its for your own safety.
    In india we know how RTO works w.r.t vehicle thefts and accidents when its in state vehicles only. Now just imagine how difficult it would be if your not registered at all in the state.
    God forbid but if anything were to happen to the vehicles you can only imagine how long it will take to trace it.

That's the only reason for a transfer according to me
  8. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

By defense personal vehicle, I mean to say private vehicle driven by defense staff, not military trucks etc. Infect I feel safe to have my vehicle registered from other state for some reasons & it is easy to identify.
  9. asthana

Appreciate all your replies esp. the ones from those currently in Delhi and driving non-DL # Fiats! Here's what I finally did -

1) Checked the re-sale price in Pune and it was indeed v.bad so decided not to sell.
    2) Managed to get an NOC from Pune RTO before relocating to Delhi.
    3) Got the Linea with me and have already taken it to Rajasthan last weekend, wasn't stopped anywhere at all. As someone else indicated in this thread, the more she's with you, the more you fall for her. :)

So, the next set of questions are:
    1) Do Fiat owners in Delhi meet on a regular basis? If so, how do I become a part of it?
    2) Does anyone know of a reliable RTO agent in Delhi? I would like to find out the cost, hassles etc. at the very least.
  10. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Yes, tfi meets do happen in delhi at fiat caffe, janpath. Check http://www.teamfiat.co.in/team-fiat-meets/9556-delhi-fiat-caffe-meet-4.html

I've got two persons who liaison. One in Janak Puri RTO- DL 4C, and the other one does in Vasant Vihar RTO- DL 12C and Sheikh Sarai RTO- DL 3C. You see whichever RTO is closer to your place.
    I would suggest vasant vihar. As its a new RTO its not that crowded as compared to others.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013