1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

To sell or not that is the question.

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by meples, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Bro you should be driving on the golden quadrilateral. Enjoy :)
    meples likes this.
  2. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @meples follow simple rule. Sleep early, Start early and Stop by dusk. I think an early morning start (4:00 AM) is always good. By 8:00 AM you would have completed almost 50% of your journey for the day (Say 350 KM out of 650-700 KM target for the day). The remaining whole day for you to leisurely take the remaining 350 KM. Enjoy your ride. Enjoy good home packed food to save your time and money.
    meples and limraj like this.
  3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @PradeepM : Can you please edit the above post for me. Please replace should BT would :D
    KPR likes this.
  4. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    My comments are as follows.

Banglore - Pune Route : Absolute bliss to drive. May encounter some traffic near Pune border.

Pune - Ahemadabad : Ensure that you reach Panvel before 7 AM (if possible, then even before that)by Expressway as the Mumbai traffic will start taking its toll afterwards. The time taken on the this stretch, Panvel to Ghodbunder Road Junction (Near Fountain hotel) will vary significantly depending on when you reach Panvel. After that, its a 6 lane highway till Vadodara. However, expect some moving traffic on this route compared to Bangalore - Pune. Vadodara to Ahd is a 4 lane expressway, straight as an arrow :)

Alternative: You can turn towards Godhra after Vadodara and go straight to Udaipur bypassing Ahd. Traffic is normally less on this route.

Ahd - Delhi : Expect some traffic on Ahd - Mehasana route. Some part of the road is without divider.

All the best.. Enjoy your ride..
    meples likes this.
  5. meples

meples Novizio

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks to all for your suggestions and encouragement. However, I wasn't able to drive down to Delhi. The last few days in Bangalore were very hectic and our families were against the idea of driving down. So had to finally send it with Agarwal Packers. How was the experience? That calls for another lengthy post :) Overall, they delivered the car in one piece, but dirty and a little damaged. Would I suggest Agarwal Packers? NO. Their 'Live Tracking' thing is a scam and all throughout I had to call them and get updates. The car was driven roughly (obviously) as I had to replace the front strut mounts as soon as I got it (thanks to DRS Fiat Gurgaon who replaced it under warranty).

Anyway, Delhi has pleasantly surprised me as people are more well-behaved on the roads here than Bangalore :blackeye: Obviously the number of cars on the road is HUGE and the cops here are strict. And people use turn signals - the buses, the autowallas and bikers too.
    pabhishek likes this.
  6. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Welcome to Delhi-NCR.
  7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Sending a car through through movers packers is always a risky decision.
    I remember my 800 was also damaged with prominent dent and scratches while moving it from Mumbai to Raipur.
    All the best for Delhi innings @meples !
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    The Packers and Movers guys drove the car from Bangalore to Delhi?? Strange. If that's the case then you could have done it yourselves and saved the damages. Add to that the experience of a long distance drive would have soothed the hungry soul.