1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

To keep my Red beauty or .......

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Iluvpunto, Jun 27, 2014.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Our TFI member Datta drove his Mumbai registered Punto in Gurgaon for 1 year. I would say that unless you are willing to re-register it, take it to Gurgaon with you. Since the Delhi-NCR is the capital, its common to see cars of every state being driven there. Moreover, the cops aren't that stirct like Bangalore where I feel that the laws are unreasonably strict. A common man has to go through a lot of hassles i getting the car registered and then pay road tax. I wonder why there is need to re-register the car. Lawmakers can argue but it surely is an unreasonably strict law when there are 1000 other areas that need more attention of the lawmakers.

Reasons why you should continue to use the same car at Gurgaon:
    01. Selling the car and then buying a new one will cost you a lot of money in terms of money lost in resale and buying a new car and getting depreciation as soon as it leaves the showroom.

02. You have to use it for 2-3 years while you are in Gurgaon. So continue using the same TN registered car.

Just keep these 4 documents complete:
    a) RC
    b) Insurance
    c) PUC
    d) DL

Anyways, thats what I would have done if shifting to Delhi-NCR from Chennai. I would have driven it myself to Delhi with a stop in between for safety. It this doesn't work out later, only then I might consider the option of selling and buying a new car.
  2. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai

Thank you very much paddleshifter for that answer I was expecting and like to follow. Selling the car now means minimum loss of 1L+the interest I have paid to the bank+forclosure charges. My company have a policy to re-imbursing the transportation charges even if I take it in a reputed carriage. Since I will be accompanied by my wife, parents and my 10 months old kid, I dare not venture a drive down to Gurgaon route.

In case cops create any issues regarding the road-tax, I can pay that after 11 months as per the rule I guess. And the amount still should be lesser than half of my estimated loss if I sell the car. Me being the second owner, will bring the resale value further down. Since no issues carrying a TN number plate as mentioned by you, I wont even dream of getting the car re-registered as I dont intend to stay in there for a longer time.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You're welcome. Re-registration means that first you will shift it to DL RTO and then back to TN RTO after 2 years. I would like to add 2 more points:

01. I am not against transporting car in a carriage but do keep in mind the care these so called reputed carriages provide during transport. Recently one Mumbai bikers' group posted photos of badly damaged bikes that were transported from Mumbai to Delhi via Gati. There are plenty of such incidents. So keep this in mind when you talk to the transport/carriage company.

02. Here in Delhi-NCR you will get to know how to tackle cops just like everywhere. Make sure that you get a PUC from local PUC centre in Chennai few days before you transport your car. That will give you a totally peaceful first 3 months. After that you can say that you have shifted just 2 months back for a max. of 6 months everytime there is some document checking. Keeping the above 4 documents complete will ensure that you face no hassles.

:)
  4. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    With much heavy heart, I have decided to part with my Red beauty 90 HP which has just 22600 on its ODO. This is to avoid the hassles I need to go through to get NOC from bank and RTO to transfer my vehicle to Gurgaon. With me shifting to gurgaon, it puts an end to my home town runs which had contributed lion part of my odo reading and I am considering a 1.4 petrol EVO in gurgaon due to the on road price being great attraction and will suit my usage pattern which will not do justice to a diesel mill.

I am here to get right expectation in terms of price for my Red Beauty. I am the second owner of this 2011 Dec registered vehicle which was manufactured in April the same year. Though I am aware that it will not fetch as good as tinny Japanese competitor, I am expecting somewhere near 5lcs for this mean machine. This forum has been of great help in the past and expect the same and waiting for all your response. I will post an ad in Classifieds section once I decide her price based on your inputs.

Thank you very much for the support provided and looking forward to join back from gurgaon with my FIRE EVO!
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I think you should post your query soon in Classifieds and ask for opinion there itself. To state the obvious, the price depends on need and market going rates. 5 lacs is also over-optimistic, but that is my view. Do try you luck. Wish you can get your reserve price.

Do your research online and set a reserve price also. The lowest price at which you might be willing to make a compromise and sell. Post ad on OLX and also on Ebay for auction. Setting a reserve price will reduce the not so serious buyer queries.
  6. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    When I bought this car for 5.8 in last december, I clearly knew that I would have paid at least 30-40k in excess. I still have a loan running with HDFC which is for another 4 more years. If I am not able to sell this car at least for 4.7 - 4.8, I would rather keep it and challenge the hassles on my way! I have another month in my hand to assess the market and bargain post which I will surrender my wish to sell her (which is already a half hearted one).