1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

To keep my Red beauty or .......

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Iluvpunto, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    Hi All,

As you all know I picked up my pre-loved red beauty 90hp (April 2011 Make registered in Dec 2011) in Dec 2013 when she had done 16000 kms. I picked her for 5.8 Lcs as she was in good condition with extended warranty till 2016 Feb. I have not regretted my decision of picking her till date and its been really nice 5000 kms with her and as of now the odo stands at 21000.

I am in to a dilemma in my career where I need to move to Gurgoan for better opportunity and might stay there for 2-3 years. There are few things regarding red beauty that is concerning me as of now if I am to take that offer to move out of chennai.

1) Should I keep the car or sell it, as the procedure to transfer my car and the RTO documents might be a challenge as there is a bank finance till 2018 on this car.

2) If to sell, what would be the best price I can get for a 2011 model 90hp with second owner and 21000 on its odo ?

3) Is there a procedure to get NOC from bank to transfer the car to a different state while under hypothecation ?

I would request the forum members to share their view on this so that it can help the decision making procedure.</SPAN>
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Will you buy a new car in Gurgaon if you sell the car here?
    If you have a plan to buy a car there, why not think about shifting your car there and re-register?
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  4. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    Its almost an year's project to get your car transferred to another state.
    It took 2 years to transfer my MH bike to KL. That too after having political interference at last.
    Wait for few months to see if there is any common man friendly rule in the new motor vehicle bill, else i would say sell it off and buy a new/used one there.. peace of mind :).
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Satheesh,

Personally I would want you to keep the vehicle and take it along to your new destination. Having said that the only cog in the wheels is the road tax applicable in Gurgoan which would be an additional cost. You could get the NOC from your home RTO and submit the NOC along with the applicable road tax at Gurgoan RTO. Sounds simple isnt it. But if you get the help of a reputed agent, I think this can be done if you are willing. Gurgaon TFIians can suggested some good agents too.

What you need to evaluate here is what are losing from selling the car at depreciated value & buying a new one (maybe used) in Gurgaon vs the amount spent on transfer. Which is more beneficial - one which saves money. Final call will be yours.
  6. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    I would have preferred the same provided the transfering was an easy affair. Another problem here is that the car is under hypothecation and I dont know if Bank will provide necessary approval to get an NOC.

- - - Merged Post - - -

If I am going to sell, how much do you think I can get from it. I know that I had clearly overpaid by atleast 30-40k when I bought her at 16k kms. But then, not all decisions are made with head !

- - - Merged Post - - -

Exactly! and me being a common man have no political force to back me up to get this done !

- - - Merged Post - - -

If it is just paying Road tax, I am ready to do that but will paying road tax alone require any approval from RTO or Bank is my question! If nothing required, there is a possibility that the road tax might get re-imbursed to be as part of transfer policy of my company. Dont know if company entertain this only if I re-register or what !
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  8. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks for the link asimpleson. But its not useful as Bangalore is another planet in the solar system where traffic rules are applied to the core. You can get away with a murder in there but not with an other state registered car. Cops will simply hunt you down if seen on the road with any other state number plate. I want to know if there is any option which does not require RTO or bank approval but just pay the road tax for the vehicle as per the age of it.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The 11 month rule should be appicable at Gurgaon also. Besides if that is there, you could perhaps use it for more time in other state.

Have you spoken to the bank and see if there is a rule against taking the vehicle out of state. Road taxes are collected by RTO, in this case Gurgaon. I am not sure what you are asking, please check the link again. Paying road tax at renewal should be possible and transfer charges if applicable one time less already paid taxes. :confused:

Best to ask an agent at Gurgaon.

- - - Merged Post - - -

http://www.carwale.com/forums/2971-re-registration-of-car-in-gurgaon-from-bangalore.html

^^This one has more info.

- - - Merged Post - - -

http://www.carwale.com/forums/2971-...r-in-gurgaon-from-bangalore-p1.html#post20990
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    2 people like this.
  10. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    That seems to be a better idea! take the care there, use it for 11 months and then pay the road tax alone if NOC or any approval not required from bank and RTO for that. I don't want to re-register and get a new number for my vehicle as Gurgaon is only a temporary place for me where I might stay only for 2-3 years max.

Is there any potential risk in using a car with TN number plate in a state like Delhi or Haryana ? Like the one we have in KA and TN, where ever any issues between them will end up in damaging cars from other states !