1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

To go for Punto or not?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sid_10000, Aug 19, 2013.

1. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Hi Guys,

Need urgent response on my queries. I already own a Linea TJet 2010 model and am looking to replace the Alto (wife's) with a hatch.
    We test rode Polo / Punto Diesel (running is good and we will go for a Diesel).

Polo is unimpressive in the ride. The low GC and the unexciting drive go against the VW, however the cockpit is better sorted out / good looking and the sales it is clocking each month encourages us to go for it. Wife likes the looks better (entirely her opinion).

Punto is familiar owing to Linea's experience. The GC and drive are smooth. We like the additional features like auto headlamps / wipers and Blue&Me etc...

Few questions
    1. The sales department is as unexciting as it was before, they simply are not sorted out. Leagues behind the enthu crowd at VW. VW guys do know how to sell a product. If it was not for my TJet we would never have come to a showroom again. My question is : How are the after sales now a days for Diesel vehicles. Owners can comment on the servicing / repairs experience.

2. Is 90HP a good bet for city B2B traffic? 75 is much relaxed and looks right in place in traffic.

3. How much is the mileage for 75 and 90HP vehicles. Do the extra horses take a toll on the overall mileage figures.

4. Does the handling suffer due to the extra GC?

5. Are there any plans of upcoming punto upgrades? Anything in store for hatch owners from FIAT? Yes me saw that 90HP sports package. Its available for 25K premium on the 90hp car. not worth it.

6. Pune owners : How much did pandit auto quote you for a Diesel 75HP Emotion? Any recent purchases and what discounts were applied?

Need urgent responses as I need to decide in a week. :ugeek:

Thanks,
    Sid
    1 person likes this.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    My replies are In bold.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
    2 people like this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Between Polo and Punto Diesel, I don't see any reason to buy Polo.

75HP is more than sufficient for city and highway drive (90HP will better on highway though).

I see Sky Moto and Fiat Caffe, apart from Pandit. At-last, ask Fiat directly.
    1 person likes this.
  4. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

>>> How much is the mileage for 75 and 90HP vehicles. Do the extra horses take a toll on the overall mileage figures?

My travel is from Sopan Baug/Ghorpadi to Nal stop daily on Solapur road via Swargate; to and fro 25km. I get between 16 to 16.5 km/l with AC ON, on a regular basis. Worst 15.
    Someday last week I drove trying to avoid unecessary braking, light foot on A pedal and less frequent gear changes. Achieved 18.2 :)
    Its a 75 HP MJD. I believe the 90HP should be even better.

I have had a good experience with Pandit Auto sales. They will followup periodically for the purchase, etc.
    If you are talking about VW Bhandari on Pashan road, yes, the overall experience there was leagues ahead that of Pandit when I had been there to test drive Polo GT TSI.
    If your better half has liked the looks of the Polo TDI over Punto then there is very little you can do ;) but the three pot engine has huge turbo lag which will be a hindrance to city driveability.
    1 person likes this.
  5. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Hey guys thanks a lot for the responses. I will check out with Fiat Caffe about the pricing in addition to Pandit Auto.
    If I go for this Punto... I will hold the entire portfolio of Fiat in my Garage :))

What are the usual servicing costs for Punto Diesel? The servicing with full oil changes.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Suggest you to go through the thread or specific section which has all the details you need. Our dear members have posted with the bills screens too.
    1 person likes this.
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

We have both 75 and 90 at home and I have done 15k on each car in all conditions. City, highway, hills. So here goes my take.

If it's majorly going to be used in city, please go for the 75HP. It is peppier and FTD within the city.

The 90 on the other hand is a monster on the highway. Has a larger power band to play with due to the VGT.
    2 people like this.
  8. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    75 was really good in traffic. Wife said she needed to tame the 90hp a bit in traffic. She usually struggles with the TJet in Traffic too...
    So I guess we will go for 75 as the majority running would be in-city.

I need to sort out the monies now... :)
  9. PathFindeR

PathFindeR Novizio

Bengaluru
    SID I suggest if you do not have any issues on the financial stuff go ahead for 90 Sportzz else you might REGRET when you do a highway seeing another 90 passing you by a smile.
    1 person likes this.
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Taming the 90 is needed when the turbo kick is on and to stop from kissing the rear of the car at front, before that you would be ploughing the A-pedal and waiting for action. Not cool in b2b traffic. I love the 75 for the peppiness it shows in comparison.
    3 people like this.