1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

To get or not to get a 3M

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by CK2608, Mar 15, 2014.

1. CK2608

CK2608 Novizio

Bangalore
    Hello fellow TFIians,
    Hope all is well with you. Now that my car is just over 2 weeks old, I was thinking whether I must groom it. So, today I visited the 3M car care at HSR having heard and read a lot of positive reviews about it. As it was almost EOD, I could hardly spend about 10 mins there. One person by name Arvind attended me. I asked them what all car grooming and detailing packages they have for a new car and he gave me a list of things of which I had explicitly asked him for paint sealant and anti-rust underbody coating.
    1. I have attached the snap of the quote. I would like to ask my fellow TFIians to provide their valuable opinions and views on whether any of this is needed at this stage for a 2 weeks old car?
    2. Also, what about the prices quoted here? Has anybody got any of these done recently?
    3. I felt the prices were on a little bit higher side.
    4. How effective are sunfilms ?
    5. How good are paint protection films(PPF) in warding off scratches ? Which are the most scratch prone areas on car where the PPF films seem to be needed.

IMG_5136.jpg
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thats quite a quote. Have a chat with TFI member nkrishnap. He can guide you better as he has lots of experience with 3M. :)
    1 person likes this.
  3. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    I suggest get in touch with Ultimate Detailerz in Bangalore. You'll get a better quality job in less than that price probably.
    3 people like this.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Second that.
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I recently got ppf done for rear bumper edges and orvms; also got the paint sealant done too. Paint sealant is more or less like a teflon coating.

PPf can be done for bumpers edges and orvms as they are prone to nicks during traffic by bikers specially.
    I got paint sealant as my office parking is open. So thought it will help there.
    1 person likes this.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Your car is just 2 weeks old. Enjoy it as is.

After 3 years of the Linea all I can think of is swirls on the car and tar marks on the lower parts of the door and running board. Nothing drastic.

Cheers.
    4 people like this.
  7. CK2608

CK2608 Novizio

Bangalore
    Thanks PaddleShifter :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

thats great pabhishek!! :) mind sharing the cost? and u got it done from where?

- - - Merged Post - - -

hehe yeah gurjinder paaji..enjoying it since day one :) and great to hear abt your car condition :) :clap
  8. Imteeyaz

Imteeyaz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I took my GP to 3M Andheri, Mumbai, not very happy with their work. The sunflim I got for my front windshield had small bubbles in it. It was replaced but it still has bubbles. :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    it costed me approx 10K buddy.
  10. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    Don't choose 3M. ultimate detailerz, keystone enterprise, ecocarcare are some better options than 3M. Our fellow TFIan sunnyboi has some great info in the detailing thread.

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk