1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tjet (Tuscan Wine) Ahoyee.....

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by viveksonkhla, Jan 4, 2011.

1. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Did some snooping around and ....found the culprit..... ALC (Assembly Line Clumsiness).... they forgot to tighten a screw on one of the plastic body panels at the back.... so I decided to take matters in my own hands..... took a screwdriver and tightened the screws....all around.....and now things are just fine.

Also did an experiment over the weekend.... cleaned car seats for the first time ...and boy I loved the outcome.
    Detailing my cleaning ops below:

1. Bought a bottle of Easy off Bang(the one that comes in a sprayer)
    2. Diluted it to 50% with water
    3. Stole a kitchen shelf wipe from my wife's stock of house items.
    4. Then section by section sprayed the mixture(Easy off Bang and Water ) over each seat.
    5. Scrubbed gently with the kitchen shelf wipe till the time foam accumulated on the seat.
    6. Wiped the seat with a clean cotton cloth.
    7. Repeated the process for every seat .....

In 30 minutes and 75/- odd rupees .....seats were as good as new. (Note: I have U cheer from Autofoam fitted on my car seats and I am not sure if the same experiment will work for other fabrics)
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  2. Thats the Best DIY for rattling instead of depending on the Tass. Good Job Vivek.
  3. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Got a call from JD Power Asia on Sunday. It was a half an hour interview about various aspects of buying experience including Dealership and Financing company.
    I had all good things about Dealership but blasted Finance company for their delay and ill managed loan procedures.
  4. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Can you mention which panel it was. Will help others also
  5. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Went to Dynamic Automobiles Noida for first service of My Tjet though I had booked an appointment with Automobile Sterling Noida. For some reason I felt that Dynamic will be able to handle the car better as they started as Fiat only workshop and because I have been getting my Palio serviced from them for a long time and I know the folks. Automobile Sterling is usually crowded and the mechanics are not very responsive.... probably because they are too stretched to finish as many jobs as possible.

Reached there at 9:30 so that I could be the first in line....but some gentleman with Palio Stile beat me to it. The service adviser reached 5 min late but was in time for his official duty....so no issues there.... As soon as he looked at me he smiled and said ...."Sir aap toh Fiat family ke hardcore fan ho....pehle Palio ab Linea..."

He open a job card and I told him its first service....along with some niggling issues....
    Here is the list of things that I asked him to list down:
    1. Headlights need to be focused(I like my car's headlight a bit higher than industry norm).
    2. Glove box lid rattle needs to be fixed
    3. Rear seat rattle
    4. Check the under body and tighten all nuts and bolts.(Being an India I know there are some clumsy people like me on Fiat Assembly line and its possible that some nuts are not ok).
    5. Front left break gives a thud sound when cold and applied just before start of the slope in my office parking.
    6. Bonet lock getting stuck at times..

Car was handed over to mechanic and as soon as he moved the car onto the service lift.... almost every mechanic in the service center came to see the car....and I was told...Sir this is the first Tjet that has come to the service center for service after we went for a training to Fiat Factory...they spent at least half an hour discussing all parts and issues they might have in detail. Some guys pointed out visible differences in the car under-body and compared them to other Linea versions....and to my surprise there are enough differences between Linea Emotion's and Tjet's under-body...

I kept on talking to the guys working on the car and kept on asking them questions about different parts ....and they were happy to answer my questions...

Car was ready by 12:00Noon and I proceeded to check if all issues have been taken care of ........

1. Headlights focused as per my preference....
    2. Glove box rattling taken care off......the adjusted the lock and other relevant nuts bolts...
    3. Rear seat rattle fixed ...(courtesy some slam bang work by their denting team)
    4. Under-body checked....(How do I know it...I was there ...standing with mechanics under the car...)
    5. Break thud issue was explained as cold breaks struggling to hold on to a cold disk ..as its a rare thing and noise comes only when the car is coming out of the parking when disks are cold.)
    6. Bonet lock getting stuck at times...was fixed by moving the lock slightly to left....and it works fine now.

Washing was up to my expectations.....but that poor guy applied some silica liquid n plastic parts and got some blasting from me for that ....they cleaned the plastic parts and thats not an issue anymore.

I paid my bills...and the counter clerk thanked me for continuing the relationship with them by bringing my second Fiat to them for servicing.

I saw more Fiats being serviced than other Tata cars.....there were 7 Fiats being serviced as compared to 3 Tata Cars at one point of time in the service center....so that's comforting.

What I didn't like: They have still not received the Fiat Diagnostic Computers but they said it will be available by next month.
  6. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    A Damn lazy Fiatian reporting....

Its been a long time that I have got off my lazy bum and shared anything on forum......there have been some frantic activity going on in life a paradigm shift event due to take place sometime in mid October... but will make sure I stay on your radars from now on.
  7. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Last weekend My Tjet scared the shit out of me.....I was standing in middle of Traffic and engine went dead....I cranked ...nothing happened.....I cranked again.....and again ...and again....but everything was dead....then I realized there is no Battery power available....No lights ...no display...nothing....and I was shell shocked for a moment....I got off the car and and told people around me ..."Sorry Folks this tank is not going anywhere for some time" ......Then I yanked open the Bonnet...and decided to check on what could have gone wrong... first thing that cought my attention .." There was a Plastic bag covering car's ECU ......god damn car wash guy :mad:........ I ripped off the plastic bag......got into the car...bought key to MAR and all lights went on....I cranked it once and Woila...sweet sound of Tjet :D...I thanked everyone around for their patience and drove off...

Then tried to do some Root Cause Analysis......I had asked Car-wash guys to cover the ECU and other electronic things around it inside engine bay.... after washing the car.....they did not remove the plastic bag.......I drove off without noticing that (first tine in my life)......after some 10 KM drive......some humidity and Carbon Monoxide could have got accumulated inside the plastic bag....and ECU sensed it ...so in order to stop further damage to the car ....it stopped battery power supply to entire car....hence this harrowing experience...but it helped me understand something about my car.....Now that's what I call sensibility and reliability balance.....