1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tjet showing "check engine" after driving through water.

Discussion in 'Linea' started by Somnath Maitra, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Somnath Maitra

Somnath Maitra Timido

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    Today I had to drive my 5days old Tjet through 2ft deep water (courtesy water logged streets of Kolkata after rain.) immediately after that MID is showing "error check engine", but I didn't hv any other problem not even starting problem. Could this be any serious issue ? Plz advise senior TFIans.
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I just hope that you waded without stalling your car. If it's the case, there shouldn't be any worry.
    But since the light is there on mid , request you to take it nearest fass.
  3. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Please dont try to start the car now. Call Fass and let them know about this. hope there shouldn't be any problem since it is not stalled.
  4. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dear Maitra

No Problem the checklight will go away after few hours. It is due to the fact that the underneath gearbox sensor has got wet.
    Just tell the Fass to remove ,clean and plug it back.You can run it even without cleaning it and tell them to clean when you go for service. It will always glow when you take it in deep waters.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. saptarshi.goswami

saptarshi.goswami Novizio

Pune
    Dear Somnath,

Not to worry. You can drive safe in such condition. This is due to wet sensor issue. It will be automatically resolved after few hours. I faced same issue several time and after few hours things are alright.
    mchanna and prabhjot like this.
  6. Somnath Maitra

Somnath Maitra Timido

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    My sincere thanks to all my fellow TFIans for quick responses. Fortunately this morning I haven't come across the warning any more. Thanks again friends.
  7. deepakhon

deepakhon Amatore

Bangalore
    I had the same issue once I had to drive my T-Jet in a puddle. I switched the engine off immediately, waited for about 15-20 minutes and started the engine, this time with no check engine light. And then drove home happily.
    Somnath Maitra likes this.
  8. Shiv Rathod

Shiv Rathod Timido

Pune
    Linea Classic
    In lines classic diesel Check engine error I have faced ..After driving through water ..when I went lonavala . I call RSA they informed me to take vehicle at service center but after some time .I SPRAYED AIR On engine area an ..Error disappeard.
    Somnath Maitra likes this.