1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tjet or city CVT

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by amiti, Mar 30, 2014.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

You got this!!
  2. amiti

amiti

Pune
    Yes, I knew that from day one I started test driving cars. Anyways an engine idler bearing has started going kaput in petrol city, if the car is driven for more than 20-30 minutes it makes a coarse noise. Thanks to longer test drive within the city with traffic jams. City cvt is 80% out.
    These things have started turning in my favor, but there is a new kid on the block (on my dad's mind, he is hell bent on convincing me), guess who the Xcent automatic:sad:. Will let you guys know the outcome of test drive.
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  3. amiti

amiti

Pune
    One more update from my side. First test drive on xcent manual and all were yuck:sad:. Now the fight is between Tjet and vento tsi.
  4. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    I am sure that you will end up with Tjet :cool: But please keep update us regularly, this thread is going to be a refferal point for many confused buyers
  5. amiti

amiti

Pune
    I hope so. Took a small test drive of polo tsi(no TD car available for vento tsi). Car was good to drive due to automatic transmission, but brakes were spongy and suspension had lot of thud. Will keep you guys posted.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    looks like you missed to notice the steering feel (or rather lack of it ;)!) thats a very important aspect with respect to handling.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. amiti

amiti

Pune
    Oh yes. The steering was vague. The tires and chassis didn't seem to do justice to the power. I could feel every pothole inside when I was sitting at the back. This was no way near to the Polo I drove in UK.
    The power was awesome though.
  8. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    I suggest you visit Pandit Auto Service center with your parents. I assume only thing that is going against FIAT in their mind is the service. Go there show them the no. of cars handled daily and the people who work on the cars.

You will have your TJET home soon for sure :)
    1 person likes this.
  9. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    amitI, as we discussed yesterday, I am sure your pick will be T-Jet. There is no problem with availability of spares of FIAT vehicles. Please note, now even Palio parts are also available at workshop. This is something I have witnessed in Pandit Workshop Bawdhan. All the spare parts related to Palio GTX 1.6, which is discontinued long time back are available.

I have not had any issue with almost 12000KM run in less than 6 month time with my T-Jet.

Let me know when to book new T-Jet Emotion buddy? ;-)
    1 person likes this.
  10. amiti

amiti

Pune
    Thanks all, finalized TJet after all this confusion. Now the dealer part. Which is s better dealer and are there any good deals on TJET.
    2 people like this.