1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tjet or city CVT

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by amiti, Mar 30, 2014.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Well, care to share your confusion. Lets get confused together. :lol: You keep sharing your apprehensions, we keep providing possible solutions, till all your doubts are cleared. So you are happy and we are happy in return. :-D
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Amiti, Let me solve dilemma for you. Honda City may be the best car in every aspect but it's literally dangerous to have family in this car because it holds no safety credentials. Simply no negotiation approach because it's your duty to keep your family safe. Make it clear to them, they may like it or not, don't opt for this car. It's good you are considering T-jet but since you are ready to pay 13 lacs ready, you may expand choices to Laura/Octavia or even Vento/Rapide (at lesser price than Honda City) to have concurrence of your family.

Remember their view matters but they are not considering safety here. It's your duty to convince them think over this aspect.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Amiti, another confusion..erm question. :p

What will your daily running be, just in case? Do we also need to discuss on that front or you are very clear about it. Is there any more vehicle at home that this one will be used alongside. Just asking, so we could help better your situation here. Please share as much info about yourself, since every individual has different travelling needs.
  4. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Guruji is summing it up very briefly but effectively.
    You can drive any petrol car but you'll enjoy the joy given by the Turbo-petrol. It is really like composing music during driving.
    I'm considering here the value for money(below 10 lac), T-Jet is unmatched.
    1 person likes this.
  5. pushkaraj

pushkaraj Amatore

Pune
    Wow classic dialema , If i have to simplify , depends on what you have to compromise on.
    if you want drivers car go for Linea , if you want hassel free ownership ( staying away from "where i can get this part" OR "99 rpm stopped selling discussions" ) , good resale value and can compromise on driving dynamics then choose city.

Also one more point , new honda city petrol has long term visibility . The model will continue ,i don't see new version coming since this was major product upgrade for Honda.
  6. amiti

amiti

Pune
    Correct. Till my doubts get cleared, I am not going to book either car.

My daily drive would comprise of 50kms. On alternate weekends a long drive in Sahayadri mountains.

I also agree that it is my duty to keep my family safe. Having said that I and my family needs to be comfortable in the car.
  7. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @Amiti: As posted previously, I too was confused on what to go in for. It just burned to City vs Linea. Buy a Linea if this is what you are looking out for:

1. Build and Safety
    2. Fun to Drive
    3. Comfortable journey

With wider tires, T-jet is definitely better in the above areas. There is no second though to this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Amiti, I think you could look at Linea MJD if your daily drive is 50kms+alternate weekend drives at Sahayadri mountains. Do you know that some of our members have even got that cars remapped for some occassional spirited driving, along with maps that can allow good levels of performance and fuel economy. Please search "Wolfmoto remaps". Guys from Pune will tell you a lot better about it since many prominent members here have got their cars re-programmed. The good thing about this remap is it allows you to select maps (switchable maps) including your stock map.

Believe me the MJD Linea is fun to drive on Sahayadri Ghats as well. What do you think. Unless better FE of a Diesel and the price benefit it offers is not an issue at all.
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  9. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    I agree with Enki.. Just lift the bonnet of a City & you'll know how the car is built.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
  10. edurgesh

edurgesh Novizio

Pune
    T-Jet will be cheaper.

T-Jet will be more fun-to-drive.

T-Jet will be more comfortable for them on rear seats.

Now, what's the confusion. ;)
    4 people like this.