1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tjet or city CVT

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by amiti, Mar 30, 2014.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    amiti good to see you that you considered Linea Tjet instead of City.

Rohan George, a sales advisor at FIAT Caffe is a very good sales advisor and I will recommend you to visit FIAT Caffe as well.
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    Fiat Caffe and sky Fiat are one and the same thing,, Fiat caffe in Pune is owned by sky fiat, so it doesn't matter.
    When I asked quote for Tjet emotion last year they quoted me - 1054000;:eek: At the same time Pandit guys quoted me 1007000 for same :)
  3. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    You made the right choice with the TJET. At this price point, it is the best petrol car hands down!
    Do update on your booking and delivery details.
    All the best!
    1 person likes this.
  4. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Linea 1.3
    Amiti - you have made the correct choise. I am sure that you will enjoy this ownership. Believe or not, I was too confused between City and the Linea. It took almost SIX months for me to decide and I went ahead with the MJD. I am not repenting at all. Well, at that time City did not have the Diesel option. Even with one now, I still place the MJD over the iDETEC just for the fact that the latter is FGT and the former is VGT which is more fun and thrill to drive. The same thrill and fun is what you will exeperience when you start your association with the T-jet just that it is naturally aspirated.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Sir, this dates back to my post made in December 2010 at CarWale forums. :p

Jetta Vs Linea | Indian Cars | Car Forums - CarWale

BTW the following thread is also interesting:

Linea mjd or Jetta tdi - Team-BHP
    2 people like this.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
  7. amiti

Hi Lunafiatic, will PM you my details.

Thanks Guys for your responses. Today I again test drove Tjet. My wife was complaining regarding the AC. Not sure why? The car was absolutely new and had plastic covers on all seats. Will do a test drive with my wife again.
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  8. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    Tjet AC is absolute chilling no doubt in that.
  9. amiti

Yes I agree to that.

Yesterday again test drove both cars extensively in evening traffic @ 6 pm and now there is a twist, dad and wife are inclined towards towards city and I towards Linea.

Linea TJet
    1. TJet is a rocket on highways if we do not look at instant fuel consumption.
    2. Safer car
    3. Good AC
    4. Good GC
    5. Excellent pickup
    6. Good under thigh support
    Things not liked by family (dad and wife)
    1. It felt coarser than city cvt
    2. Hard suspensions
    3. Car was jumping a lot

City CVT
    1. Easy to drive as it's an automatic
    2. Better leg room
    3. More airy cabin
    4. Better mileage being an automatic
    5. Soft suspensions when compared to Linea. To me this is not a good thing.
    Things not liked by family (dad and wife)
    1. Weaker AC
    2. Low GC

TJet available in 2 days, city cvt vx waiting period is 4-6 months. My dad and wife are inclined towards city and me :(
    Request all to help me out of this.
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  10. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Just look at the endless features list of the Linea and you will never regret the decision of buying a Linea and that too a T-Jet (except for the Petrol price rise).

When I decided to buy a new car I never considered any other car apart from Linea. My only doubt was whether I should go for MJD or T-Jet. To be frank I didnt really look for a test drive also( Sales executive forced me to do so). Here in TFI, fellow members helped me in taking a decision and I chose MJD.

7 days away from completing 6 months of my ownership, ODO stands at 15840 and I am extremely happy with my decision and my ownership of this italian beauty. Its just a pleasure driving this beauty on the highways and in city. The only pain is keeping it clean, mine is an Oceanic Blue.
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014