1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tjet or city CVT

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by amiti, Mar 30, 2014.

1. amiti

Friends, thank you for your precise and quick replies. Forgot to add one more thing. Yesterday
    took a test drive of TJet. The more I drove, the more I liked the car.

Things I found in favor of Linea --
    1. Excellent pick up, I could hear the growl. Power was available on tap.
    2. Good visibility, I think they have shortened the dashboard.
    3. Better AC than new city. AC in new city is not a chiller.
    4. Superb handling and suspensions (I drove on broken patch and I could not believe that I am driving on broken road. That's a plus).
    5. Good GC. I travel in Sahayadri mountains a lot. Not so good roads and ghat sections.
    6. Better interiors.Good under thigh support as mentioned in previous post.I think this should score more over more legroom.
    7. I save 3 lacs over city cvt. So I need not bother about resale OR fuel bills. By the way that mileage should I expect from TJet 2014?

Things I found in favor of City --
    1. Auto transmission
    2. Sunroof (My daughter wants it)
    3. Start stop button (I do not like this anyway)

So Friends, my decision is TJet.

Can you please help me in,
    1. Finding better dealer in Pune
    2. Bit of bargaining as Team Fiat guys must be well known among the dealers.
    3. Doing PDI . This is most important.
    4 people like this.
  2. Shri1972

Shri1972 Amatore

Good to learn that you liked the T jet and have decided to go for it . I bought my T jet emotion from Pandit Auto in Dec 13. Overall good experience . I am getting 12 kmpl in city driving , highway drive 15 +. Highway driving is sheer pleasure . One tends to forget the mileage concern , just enjoy the drive. I did not do the PDI but pl ensure u do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Great that you decided on a Jet :D

Which dealer are you currently dealing with? Sky Moto or Pandit? I guess most of the folks here have bought their ride from Pandit and I assume they offer a better deal in most cases. The easiest thing for you to do is get quotes from both the dealers and bargain ;)
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  4. amiti

Hi, I am in talks with both dealers. Let's see who will give me best quote.

Also I would need someone to help me in doing PDI. Please let me know if anyone of you staying in Pune can help me out?
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    Congrats amiti for the wise decision!! Pandit is way better than sky , in almost all aspects.. Regarding PDI you can download check list from TFI forum itself, just follow it and you will be done!! All the best.
  6. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    I have not yet understood why one would want a sunroof in India ? Its too hot & dusty out here so it would remain closed almost 99% of the time. The 1% time I suppose it would be opened would be for ventilation in summer when the car is parked out in open under the sun.

- - - Merged Post - - -

gurji, you nailed it.
    1 person likes this.
  7. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Yes.. Sunroof should never be the criteria in buying a car.. It wont be of any use in our roads due to the pollution & climate

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

City CVT costs 12.8 lacs:evilsmile
    They milk Indian customers like anything, Thin metal sheet and with skinny tires all around, already 10-11 lacs, demands 30% extra premium for a CVT!!
    Sorry mate... it completely bounced over the head. Linea looks a fantastic value for Money here, in addition, a genuinely safe family hauler which City isn't.

If you still fancy a Honda Automatic, just raise your budget & go for an Accord or something like that, a proper International car. 13 lacs for a City is complete waste!!
  9. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    ENKI, He already made his decision to go for Tjet.

Amit congrats on your wise selection mate. I am getting 14-16 kmpl in city and 18-20 kmpl in Highway.
    2 people like this.
  10. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Hi Amiti,
    For buying you can consider both Skyfiat or Pandit. I bought my car from skyfiat and had no issues. Everyone was co-operative, but I have heard that Pandit is much better. For service however, I would definitely recommend Pandit and no one else. I got my car's first service done from Skyfiat and second service from Pandit, a couple of days back. I must say Pandit is way better than Skyfiat, in customer experience. Now, it's completely up to you. Whichever dealer you choose, PM me your number and I can have the sales rep call you.

BTW what is your last name?

- - - Merged Post - - -

Guruji - simple and straight to the point. Samajdar ko ishara hi kaafi hai.. ;)