1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tjet or city CVT

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by amiti, Mar 30, 2014.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Why Classic with 75bhp again?
    You can either consider used Linea MJD (non Classic) or the new Linea MJD.
  2. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Clearly out of budget Ramjn, Moreover i tested the classic mjd for quiet a while and it ticked all boxes of my requirement. The Engine was more driveable than a Punto MJD with the same engine. Gearbox and clutch felt more upmarket and drive turbo lag less noticeable.

It was for all practical reasons a much better car than a Punto MJD. New Linea and Linea MJD are a different league here.

I am sure Classic can do 3 digit speeds comfortably in highway and should be a good cruiser. One area where it lacks in looks is the skinny tires, which again has the pickup advantage, car accelerates better due to lesser contact for each tire to the ground.

Apart from the above i also feel Classic could be a good candidate to be considered for Airport drops in Hotels. The SA says FIAPL still has not got clearance to sell the car with Yellow board. I am not sure if Hotels can use White board's with their hotel logo's in it.
  3. pushkaraj

pushkaraj Amatore

Pune
    I agree with Ramesh , new linea will make more sense even if you have to spend say 20% extra.
    Best option would be used Linea , available at a very tempting prices since the launch of new model

1 person likes this.
  4. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    i am test driving 90hp mjd this week. will update my perspective once i complete the test drive.