1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TJet ICE

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by kr_vasudev, Feb 17, 2011.

1. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Hello All,

I would be taking my Jet delivery this Sunday. Have a business travel to UK in the first week of march.

Do you recommend any purchase in UK that could go well with ICE Setup for the Jet ?

I am looking for amp + speakers and strict no to SUB. I have one Sonodyne Sub on my 5.1 that is sitting idle at home.

Thanks
    Vasu
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    nice suggestion Viny. DLS have very good SQ. also get a signal processor which will take in speaker input and give out pure rca out. they are also called line out converters. but get a very good quality ones. signal processor is advanced version of LOC which gives control over seperating lows, mids and highs. it also provides HPF and LPFs
  4. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Thanks for the inputs Vinay and Italia-Linea.

I will surely take a look at the items you have mentioned.

Regards
    Vasu
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    well u can go in for GENESIS amps
    i wouldn't recommend DLS amps as they are nothing more than the first generation of genesis amps...when they used to share technology
    so only if u get them real cheap can u give it a try otherwise 'one genny can put to shame alot many'
  6. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Thanks for the inputs. What speakers to go with amps ?

By the way should i go for both front and rear comps or only drive front with comps and rear with normal speakers ?

Thanks
    Vasu
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    depends upon what ur budget is, front components are more than enough if u drive alone
    if u can mention the budget ur out for then it'll be alot more easier to help u
  8. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Jasveen,

Maximum 50K if I am going to get from UK. This is only for speaker and amp requirements. I do not want to install sub.

I have in my mind to buy BLAUPUNKT THA555PNP Car Amplifier and good speakers to go with this amp. Will this form a good setup ?

At home I have Sonodyne 5.1 receiver + Speaker system and very happy with the sound quality. I am looking for similar quality setup in my car.

http://www.sonodyne.com

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Sonodyn ... umlprtlorm

Thanks
    Vasu
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    well then u can easily go for a genesis profile 4 and rainbow component(SLC kick or SAC), these will fit in ur budget easily and u'll be left with sufficient cash for a signal processor. As for the blaupunkt amp, its good but absolutely crap if compared to genesis, and since u have a good budget then y not get the best in one go.....rest is all ur choice
  10. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

Jasveen,

Thanks for the inputs. Just need a clarification, is genesis profile 4 is a plung and play amp ? I do not want to risk on the warranty front.

Regards
    Vasu