1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tjet FTA: The New Saga

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by vanandwiz, Aug 7, 2012.

1. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    RTO always gives a receipt against payment of road tax and registration charges etc. I have a computerized RTO receipt for all charges paid against road tax, registration, MCD parking fee, HP Fee, etc for both my Fiats (2009 and 2012). In Delhi, you can check the online registration system (Transport Department, Govt of Delhi) for the exact charges. For my T-Jet in June 2012, I did the same and confronted the dealer about why he was quoting 20k in excess of the prescribed charges. He backed off immediately and corrected the same.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I did the GGN registration myself. GGN RTO did not give any receipt for the same
  3. vanandwiz

vanandwiz Amatore

Chennai
    First Service Due !!!!!

My car is almost 5000 Kms. The first service is due. After some search in our website I have composed some the checkpoints for me. The checkpoints are also riddled with some clarifications needed. So any suggestions are welcome.

1. Book appointment
    2. Do not take foldable key to the service center. Take the other key with you.
    3. Keep removable accessories at home: Perfumes, USB/Pen Drives, GPS devices, chargers and glove box contents.
    4. Go by your manual. See if anything needs to be done in 1st service and get them done. Of course take the manual and free service coupons for the service
    5. Should engine oil be changed? Any indicator to define it (beyond the standard Oil Level Indicator check)? Or probably top-up alone. If engine oil is required, please do ask them to put selinia 1lt bottles. And personally inspect the change\top-up.
    6. Air filter cleaning
    7. Underbody inspection. I scraped the underbody couple of times.
    8. I get a squeaking noise from brake in the mornings; but later it disappears, I assume it is normal. But nonetheless check the brakes.
    9. Check Brake pedals for ply.
    10. Check shock absorbers.
    11. One of the back doors, when closed gives a different sound. The pressure to close the door is also higher. Should be checked.
    12. Should the clutch and gear be checked?
    13. The door beading on the inside part of the door is not full. If there was a full beading then probably the wind noise will reduce at higher speeds. Any chance of getting it done?

Also as per fellow TFI suggestion I am planning the service in TAFE Greams road; Tenzing is the SA. I got Tenzing’s contact from Satya_sc. Any other references, contacts are welcome.

One of my colleagues has Tata Manza; he has done three services in TAFE Greams road and gives a very very very poor account of the service center. :eek:

So am I at safe hands?? Keeping my fingers crossed. :confused:
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Personally, for me the grill shape of Punto or linea looks very old or lousy. It does not looks aggresiive or some thing just like Abarth.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Before giving take a photo of the engine compartment. Possible from different angles covering all parts. Later this will help in answering questions like "Was it like this before?"
    After my car's last service I remember there was a cover for battery terminal. I am not 100% sure whether it was there or not. I should have taken a photo. Infact if one could cover more parts then it is a valid proof to argue in case if some thing is not fixed properly/missing after service.
    2 people like this.
  6. vanandwiz

vanandwiz Amatore

Chennai
    Yep sungoa... good point. will do that.

Meanwhile I have booked an appointment on 29-Nov (Thursday); spoke with the reception lady Jenifer.... should I be requesting for any appointment number?

Few more items added to the above list are....

12. Boot opening is tight
    13. Rear power window screetching sound
    14. Wheel alignment and balancing will be done outside TASS
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Some particles might have caught between the glass and surface
    Do it at TASS. You can do the next one outside(after 5K) Otherwise in case some warranty issue happen they can say that it is not applicable. Make sure that Balancing ,alignment and rotation are in TASS records.
  8. vanandwiz

vanandwiz Amatore

Chennai
    At last the review on first service is catalogued!!

Experience = better then feared!!! :eek:

My appointment was at 10:00 AM. Due to heavy traffic I was late by one hour. I checked-in with the reception. My job card and tag was ready. But the SA (Tamil) was stuck with another car. Went to the reception and asked to meet Tensingh. Tensingh arrived shortly. Told him that, I was a TFI member and friend of Sathya. (Sathya had connected a conference call with Tensingh when I had the battery issue…)
    The battery issue was 5 months back. Tensingh remembered the conversation and asked if the battery issue was sorted!!! (I was expecting him to have forgotten the conversation)

Tensingh himself opened the job card on behalf of Tamil. He asked if I had any specific problem with my vehicle. I prompted back as to what I can expect from the first service. The answer was honest!! Nothing will be done!!! Only check-ups, top-ups and address any specific complaints.

I showed him the three specific complaints I had,
    1. One of the back doors, when closed gives a different sound. The pressure to close the door is also higher. Should be checked.
    2. Boot opening is tight
    3. Rear power window screeching sound

I also told that I have scrapped the underbody few times and needed an underbody check. I also told that I was coming from Tambaram and will not have time to go and come back again. Rather stay back and take the vehicle after service. Tensingh immediately obliged to get the car done in 2 hours. I was seated in the visitor’s lounge with an eye on my car.
    I did a personal underbody check. There is bit of rust on the underbody protector. But the worrying thing was, the dent in the silencer pipe… hoping that this does not turn into an issue. I requested for an underbody painting but it will need a separate visit to the workshop.

After about 45 minutes on the ramp, the car was out on the parking lot. Did a quick check,
    First issue, ignored!! Forgotten!!
    Second issue, part request raised!!
    Third issue, no part change, lubrication was done. Seems to have solved it temporarily but still not as good as other windows.

I have been asked to come back once the boot dampener is available. And also get the underbody paint done.
    I got atleast 3 to 4 minor scratches after the first service. Checked the car before delivery but could not spot the scratches; but could clearly see them the next day while cleaning the car.
    The mistake I did - I was in a hurry to get back to office as I started to get many phone calls. In the process, I was getting distracted from the service. Tensingh was away on a test drive so I had to depend on Tamil to complete the work.

But compared to my experience in Concorde Injambakkam, this place was more organized.
    Tensingh was the beacon in whole place. But is definitely carrying lot of weight on his shoulders! If only others could try to emulate half of what he strives then it would have been great.
  9. vanandwiz

vanandwiz Amatore

Chennai
    The last post was a year and half ago!! Wow time has gone by very fast. The Tjet has flown 20000 Kms and travelled to Hyderabad, Wayanad, Yercaud, Rameswaram, Udupi-Jog falls and the latest one to Thekkady-Munnar.

Today I wanted to post on the additional accessories for my Jet….
    Got the following from Ramkay Fiat Chennai.

1. Linea Boot Mat
    2. Linea Boot chrome strip
    3. Dual colour steering cover; it was sewed with the steering
    4. FIAT key chain
    5. Also had the wiper blades changed
    Got the following from ebay.

1. FIAT puddle lamp (Ghost light) – no hole needed. 3M adhesive and 3 AAA battery.
    2. Eagle eye DRL. Did a DIY Daytime Running Light. Photos attached below. The light is much brighter than seen on the photo.

DRL
    Photo1643.jpg

Photo1642.jpg

Photo1641.jpg

Photo1640.jpg

Photo1639.jpg

Boot Strip and Steering Cover
    DSCN0562.jpg

DSCN0705.jpg
    2 people like this.
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Is the boot strip different from what FIAT gave during absolute edition?