1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tjet buying - Queries

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by racer_gun, Feb 12, 2014.

1. racer_gun

racer_gun Timido

Chennai
    Hi All. I am planning to get a Linea T-Jet Emotion [Hip Hop Black]. Now for the Confusion. Just thinking whether to go for the Current Linea or wait and go for the one with the Facelift. For the current version 2014 model, the dealer is offering the car @ 9.5L On-Road. [RDC Fiat - Chennai] The Actual Price of the Car is 10.63L. Need Advice regarding this. :confused: :confused: :confused:

I personally feel that the Current Linea Front looks good when compared to the Facelift. But have doubts regarding the Spares,etc,etc if i settle for the current one.

Need Help in Clearing my Doubt. And how about the Price. 9.5L for T-Jet top end variant seems GOOD.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If current Linea looks better to you, take it. New Linea might not have any offer in start (I am sure it will come after sometime :).

Don't worry about spares, almost all spares will be same on both.
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    As per my personal opinion go for the current one.
    Keep Discounts aside; Current one look more beautiful, alloy pattern and especially front look . It will never age.
    Almost all the features are same except some nip and tuck. Only one major feature missed will be the Cruise Control AFAIK.

So its a trade-off between timeless looks and a luxury feature.(Now you can add up discounts too :) )
    All the best!!

As for spares all the technical details are same, so no problems should be there.
  4. mnranjeeth

mnranjeeth Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Also, please check the manufacturing date from the VIN to make sure it is not very old.
  5. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Congrats on deciding on the T Jet :) . Here is my take

- The new model might be priced slightly higher than the current model and will not have any discounts initially, you might have to wait for a couple of months to see any sort of discount. If you buy the new one without discounts you might end up seeing everyone buying it for good discounts a couple of months after you buy your new car.
    - The new model might not look great from the outside but I am sure the looks will grow on you over time, the interiors are a definite step up from the current model but that does not mean you can't live the older interiors.

To summarize it I feel if you are not in any hurry (waiting 4 to 5 months) and don't mind stretching you budget a bit I think you should go in for the new model else go in for the existing model if you find the older interiors acceptable not to mention to significant saving which you spend on fuel ;) .
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Go for it, Personally I like the existing one on the exterior comparo
  7. sriprass

sriprass Novizio

India
    Nagothane
    Linea T-Jet
    Me too am in the same confusion. Was waiting for this new Linea 2014 since sept'13. Today I called a couple of dealers in Mumbai and Pune. Most of them are either ill informed or tight lipped about the new Linea's commercial launch. One of the dealer said Linea T-Jet is a concept vehicle and is at least 6 months to launch. Next guy says we can expect the new version in couple of weeks. He also said that FIAT is going to not going to bring T-Jet but will launch 1.6 MJD. I was also offered attractive discounts and freebies for the current. I was planning to go for the the Emotion T-Jet.

Confused!!
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Firstly, he (the dealer) has no concept of the vehicle called T-Jet..:evilsmile

To answer your query, it depends on your urgency and budget. I personally would'nt wait if I was offered good and generous discounts.

You could maybe negotiate more if there is no urgency.

And as far as the facelift is concerned, I am sure existing model and the facelift ones are well insured as far as spare parts are concerned. They definitely share most of the components that undergo wear and tear in daily use. Have no worries on that front. At this point if you can get more discounts, the better.
  9. racer_gun

racer_gun Timido

Chennai
    - - - Merged Post - - -

Hi. How much discount are you being offered ??? My Dealer here is not giving too much freebies. On Road which they have offered is 9.5L. And they have said that its a 2014 model and not a 2013 one. He said if I make the booking he can deliver the Jet in 2 weeks of time. And also would share the VIN No in a couple of days.
  10. sriprass

sriprass Novizio

India
    Nagothane
    Linea T-Jet
    9.15L + Accessories