1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tizzie comes home : The Linea T-Jet 2013

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by puchoo, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I still dont understand,why did fiat switch to white/beige from Black for that part.
  2. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    I dont have any explanation on that , i can only assume that given how much beige Indian car buyers love they might have thought it would be more attractive.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Oh i did!! Plus last evening it was incredibly humid , plus the sun kept coming out every once in a while. Killing!! Picture 2 shows the bottle of cold water required for the DYI project as well!! :)
  3. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Almost an year to the month - this time last year the Fabia 1.6 made her first trip home and just a few days back Tizzie did as well. A brief trip report and some images for everyone's reference

Trip Summary
    Total Kilometers covered : 850
    Plains vs Hill Driving : 70 / 30
    Road conditions : Good to Poor
    Weather : Rain all the way there and back!
    Fuel Economy achieved : did not really noticed but i put it around 12 or so. It was above 14 till Chandigarh and post that owing to hard acceleration in the hills and jams it came down

Had to put this one up , 1 year apart.

148792.jpg

Absolutely fantastic driving weather

148793.jpg

148794.jpg

Tired and dirty. But i really am wondering if the OEM mud flaps are adequate for the car and if something longer is required. They might look good but they really do not hold dirt and water back - look at the side view mirror i have back splash from the front tyre all the way up there

148795.jpg

Not as bad as what the Fabia went through. They held up well , there is some amount of noise road with these but i am still unclear on whether a change is required.

148796.jpg

After a well deserved bath , one of the reasons i love going home is that i can spend hours on the car - be it cleaning or polishing or simply driving around

148797.jpg

148798.jpg

148799.jpg

The rain helped the cleaning process as well lol:

148800.jpg

148801.jpg

Driving experience

At the start let me mention that driving up this time was not normal in terms of conditions. Lots of rain the entire journey and more importantly tons of jams including in the hills owing to it being a long weekend .

On the plains i am exceptionally impressed with the car , the turbo surge is quite evident while accelerating hard and over 2000 RPM the car picks up on almost any gear. Getting to over a 100 was child's play and maintaining it at 110-130 Kmph was easy although these speeds could only be achieved for a few minutes at any given point in time given the traffic and road conditions. At no point did the car feel strained , the 4 disc brakes are quite addictive lol:

Going up the hills was a little different and i am still trying to figure out if its me or the car. Initially the car felt sluggish for the first 30-40 Kms , my gear changes were clearly not the best and i think this is where the turbo lag was most apparent. In the Fabia a downshift was sufficient , here the same stretch or turn probably required 2 downshifts to get the her into her power band - this was especially true during the initial 30-40 Kms as this is where the steepest part of the climb is. So i struggled like this for a while and then suddenly over the course of a few seconds it felt like the car opened up and exploded in terms of pulling power...... and it kept behaving like that till one got home. Now did something really "open up " ( Sounds a bit crazy) or was this the less steep part of the ascent which made all the difference i am not entirely sure.

My thought thus are a bit divided...... please note i am only talking about ascents not descending , between gravity and her turbo coming down was definitely no problem whatsoever. Going up however its not black and white. Maybe i was expecting too much , at the end of the day , turbo or not its a bigger heavier car and maybe expecting her to scamper in the manner the Fabia did is simply not fair. Maybe it was heavily loaded as well - i had 3 people and a boot full of luggage.

Roads inside and beyond Shimla were horrible , in some cases no road surface at all but she handled it well in terms of ride and the suspension.

I really appreciated the Speed Volume control feature during this drive , it kept the music at a decent volume despite the speeds. We also had a 3rd passenger with us which is very rare but the backseat was declared absolutely comfortable to sit or sleep on flat !!

Automatic climate control did its job exceptionally well.
    6 people like this.
  4. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    The ecu almost in all cars have a auto learn feature. Where they learn how sedate or aggressive y you drive, every xx kms it tunes itself to the demands of the driver, May be it got tuned driving sedate in the plains and took 30 kms
    To learn the new requirements of uphill road.

sent from mobile device, excuse typos
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    That is your home? Man. I am jealous. I stopped looking at your car for sometime :D

Agree with Sujith here. That would explain the behaviour you experienced.

Rajan
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    What's better than a spanking clean Linea? - A dirty muddy Linea ;)

148795.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  7. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    The photos look very good, car looks awesome in Blue, thinking whether i should change my selection from H H Black to O Blue:confused1..
  8. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    That was helpful , was not aware that the changes would be so dramatic. Thanks a lot guys!!

- - - Merged Post - - -

She does have a certain 'feel'to her when is she is dirty!! :D
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  9. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Getting extremely irritated with the media player - it stopped showing up again on Saturday and i had to reset it by disconnecting the battery. Then its happened this morning again and i have just walked into office having disconnected the battery again , plan on changing the player to a proper USB drive and not an MP3 player to see what happens with that.

Quite annoying.
  10. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Started working properly after i reconnected the battery and no problem so far. Forgot to add a normal stick which i shall do at the earliest.