1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tizzie comes home : The Linea T-Jet 2013

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by puchoo, Jul 14, 2013.

1. A.B

A.B

New Delhi
    Looks like there isn't much holding the exhaust tip in place. Which could explain the movement. Seems like a design flaw.

Probably will have to use a U-clip or something to hold it in place, as someone suggested in the other forum.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I think it's a non issue.

No exhaust is ever solidly mounted to the chassis. A bit of play is always there so as to enable it move it a bit. If it was solidly mounted - say solidly welded or bolted straight up, even the slightest bit of play ( while driving or with rocking of chassis ) could break the mount and render it useless.

A solidly mounted exhaust with ZERO play would be a design flaw in my book. Not the other way around.

Just enjoy the Jet. Forget about this.

Cheers.
    2 people like this.
  3. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Thanks!

Traveling to Himachal on the 16th or so of this month , i am being very disciplined about the run in period for the car which i had set at 1000 Kms , unfortunately i will not be able to manage more than 800 before i leave for the drive. This is going to be a round-trip of about 800 Kms and i am looking forward to really letting her rip and wanted to seek confirmation that the 800Kms i have done would serve as a substantial enough run in period for the car and i dont need to baby it on the highway?

Just to clarify when i say rip , i dont mean redlining with every gear change but yes a certain amount of hard acceleration and consequently braking and lots of downshifts in the hills especially.

4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Just drive it normally and be gradual. Avoid lugging especially while climbing the hills - that hurts even more than redlining. Keep the engine in the powerband where the engine feels it's most relaxed and not under strain and everything will be fine. I believe the Jet is in it's comfort zone from 2000rpms + , so that's where you should be ;)

Regarding downshifts - be rational. Sometimes we get carried away trying to save our brakes by downshifting and letting the clutch take the burden of stopping the car. What we forget is that brakes are easy and cheaper to replace ; clutch kit - not so much. Since you aren't going to be racing downhill, i'm sure you won't overheat the brakes. Use them!

Cheers.
    2 people like this.
  5. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    It is necessary that the end muffler portion of the exhaust keeps on shaking because the catalytic-converter paced in the bulged portion mixes with the exhaust gases to reduce the emission toxicity.... this is a standard feature in all modern cars.

Don't worry, be happy.
  6. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    I rarely use this , i use my brakes most of the time , what i meant by the downshifts was in terms of downshifting to overtake , accelerate and stuff. Point noted nevertheless!

Thank you and i have decided to let it be , at the maximum ill make a mention of it to the workshop when i go for the routine check.
  7. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    @ Puchoo : Happy Driving on your trip to Himachal.
    I have been closely following your threads on your purchase(on team bhp as well). This has helped me a lot in deciding :up. This weekend i booked my Tjet - Hip Hop black :car Got a 1 lakh loyalty bonus as well. :dancing

Thanks to everyone on this forum who have helped me with their posts.

Cannot wait to get my hands on the car...:)
  8. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Many Many congratulations!!! and a discount as well!

9. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Had a bit of time this Sunday afternoon so decided that i was going to make an attempt at my first DYI project and see what i could do in terms of making some kind of a cover for the dead pedal. As mentioned in my review , the dead pedal is plastic and almost white and would get dirty very soon - and thats precisely what happened , add to it the constant getting wet and muddy from shoes thanks to the Delhi Monsoon , it had started looking pretty yucky.

The project started with me going off to the local market to source some material , managed to locate a good shop and the entire piece cost me 100 INR - and given how much i have used of it , i can probably make another 4-5 covers.

The fit and finish , is not a 100% , between it looking like starting to rain , a tight parking spot , a rather dull pair of scissors i was not able to get it millimeter to millimeter but if this stands the test of time , even 30-40 days i will make the effort and do them up properly.

Photos are not the best , taken from the mobile.

Image 1
    Shows the pedal as it was prior to the project commencing. The dirt is very very visible.

Image 2
    Items needed for this - the material , double tape , scissors and a piece of paper.

Image 3
    Close up of the material , similar to Nomad mats but clearly there will be a big difference in quality i am sure. Soft to the touch , there was a harder material available but it was a bit 'pokey' and hence avoided that.

Image 4

The paper was placed on the area and folded and marked to help identify the exact size of the material which was required. Eventually this did not help out too much because the pedal is not straight - this is where the lack of time came in , ideally the paper should have been placed on the material and it should have been cut out to size and shape

Image 5
    The final size i needed top to bottom , but owing to the curve of the pedal , eventually i had to cut this into 3 pieces to be able to place them properly

image 6

The first part goes on , at the back the only thing holding it to the plastic is lots of double tape.

The final output. Eventually 3 pieces , 2 of equal size and one really small one on top which clearly does not cover the entire area but i added it as it would otherwise have been a little smaller than my shoe.

The color , material and overall how it goes with the cabin i am happy with. I have not driven on it but will update and see how it lasts. If it lasts 30-40 days i am happy with it , the only concern i have is that the double tape will hold it there and it wont slip of - if it does then will need to find something stronger

20130811_165150.jpg

20130811_165310.jpg

20130811_165318.jpg

20130811_165454.jpg

20130811_165645.jpg

20130811_170017.jpg

20130811_170331.jpg

20130811_170341.jpg

20130811_170654.jpg

20130811_171832.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
    1 person likes this.