1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tizzie comes home : The Linea T-Jet 2013

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by puchoo, Jul 14, 2013.

1. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks for the clarification.

Also on my test drives (2 infact), i hear some kind of a humming sound (like the one we hear when we go in a tunnel). Speeds were between 100 and 120. My wife who was sitting behind also complained of this. Is this some problem with the TD vehicle or some design/engine/NVH issue with the Tjet 2013.

The sales rep told me it was the sound of the tire, but sounded more like the engine or the wind slipping across the body of the car..

Has anyone come across such an issue with their cars or on their TDs?
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  2. Although it's puchoo's thread, however C_S, my take is you spend some time in the forum. .. You will come across alot of answers for which you do not have even questions as yet. ..
    About milage. .. There are owners who have achieved 21+ on highways. .. and then there are others who stay at a low of 5-6 kmpl.
    The NVH has also been discussed in different threads.
    In one word the T Jet is a 'wonder' IMHO. But, it is a car for someone who loves cars, who loves drives and loves to communicate with the car. ..
    All the best.
    (Sorry for hacking your thread @puchoo)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Not at all Sir!! The mats arrived this morning by the way , the boot mat is still awaited and that will take sometime. I am not planning to put these in the car right now , will wait for the rains to get over.

M1.jpg M2.jpg M3.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  4. ^^^ Nice ones @puchoo!
    You got them from 99rpm?
    Cost? ?
    I mailed them and they said that they'll take one 2 - 3 Daus to arrange them!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  5. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Yes these are from 99 RPM like i wrote earlier. The total cost for just the floor mats was approx 1100 INR - the boot mat is an additional 500-600 and i have not got that yet and it could take sometime.

They told me the same thing like i wrote that it could take a while since it was not readily available in their warehouse and would need to be back-ordered and the general timeframe i was given was about 15-25 days - and then day before yesterday i got a mail from them out of the blue confirming that the mats had been shipped out. So all in all i have got them in about 8-10 days from placing the order.

Maybe their supply chain is not very clear or maybe the give the worst possible scenario with respect to shipment but they have delivered!

6. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    @ Shikhar : Thanks for the clarification, I am extremely happy that this forum and Team BHP have provided me with answers for the plethora of questions I had ( i am no auto expert/engineer). This question on the turbo whine/sweet sound seems to be on quite a few threads but there are no convincing answers. Some seem to have got their turbos repaired and some have loved this sound. My concern was more with whether Fiat have failed to insulate this sound :confused1. Please help with this...

Also on the mileage part, i am now assured that i will at-least get 10 kms ..
  7. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    A question and request for advise from all T-Jet owners. How much flexibility does the chrome exhaust have in terms of movement. When the car got delivered to me in noticed it moved around quite a bit (left & right) - i checked with one of the guys there and they said its normal.

Today i had a colleague driving behind me for the last 2-3 minutes and he also checked with me on if it is supposed to move that much. There is no noise etc that comes but wondering if its loose or if fiat has given this much movement - it can probably move about 2-3 inches left and right.... any thoughts?
  8. A.B

A.B

New Delhi
    Hi puchoo. Good to see you posting on TFI too. :)

Anyway, even in our car I noticed the exhaust tip moving from side to side when our SA was reversing our car once. I was planning on getting it checked.

I have seen similar kind of movement of exhaust tips while playing Grid 2, but only on damaged cars. I hope that the movement of the exhaust tips in our cars is not normal and can be fixed.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  9. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Well please do let me know what they say - at this point there is no problem or noise or anything with it moving but if its a problem then i want to go yell at the guys and get it rectified asap.

10. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Took a quick video of the exhaust - posted below . While not running the play and movement seems to be fine as such - any thoughts?