1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tizzie comes home : The Linea T-Jet 2013

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by puchoo, Jul 14, 2013.

1. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Good to see you back @puchoo and nice to know Tizzie is performing well.
    Wishing you many more happy miles!
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Good to see that turbo problem era is gone and you are enjoying Tjet as it should be!
  3. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Tizzie has just been handed over for her 24 Months / 30,000 servicing as of today. She has done only 18,000 so not at all close to the 30k mark but the time period is more or less up and with a few upcoming trips to Himachal decided to get her pampered up a bit earlier than planned. Service report , details and costings will follow but what was to be a routine affair more or less is slightly exciting thanks to the identification of a coolant leak, there was still more than half the coolant still in the holder so would have happened recently and have told them to change the pipes and attachments entirely under warranty

On a side note i believe that extended warranty cannot be bought now anymore - wanted to buy it off the counter today but was informed that there is no tie up and new ones cannot be purchased - still researching on this , have sought confirmation from Fiat as well and shall update.

coolant leak.jpg
    puntophile and prabhjot like this.
  4. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR
    Yes Sidharth saw your post on FB! Unlikely that you would receive s straight answer! I posted on labour rates and stuff: only misguided! Pathetic lot....good company: dangerous combination! How are you maintaining the paint my friend? Scratches and nicks: how are you managing it?
  5. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Yep sent them a reminder today as well but still to get a response. Strange people. Have resigned myself to the fact that i am not going to be able to maintain paint and the shine on this car as i would like to - for a few reasons

Firstly , the car cleaning fellows- they dont listen , use ad techniques and cloths to do the work and that is going to result in micro scratches and general loss of sheen. Have given them microfiber towels and sponges to use but they do not do a good job.

Secondly office parking : Has to be in neutral in the basement , parking guys tend to push cars around , fit them into small space - nicks and dings keep happening

Lastly , Delhi - i can behave as much as i want on the road but it does not help :)

So what i have decided is that i am just going to give the car 1-2 paint treatments a year to keep the pain up. When i did the Fabia at 3M that lasted for about 5 months. The first of these will happen in May , i was just waiting for the servicing to be over and done with - once the pipe comes and is replaced the next visit will be to a spa for both exterior and interior.

6. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    So below is the list of work which was carried out as part of the 3rd service, since it was the 3rd , labor was free and only paid for consumables and parts.

The following filters were changed and new ones placed instead

Air filter
    AC Filter
    Oil Filter
    Fuel Filter

The following oils and liquids were replaced

Engine Oil - unfortunately from the drum because they were over with the cans !
    Power Steering Oil
    Coolant
    Gear Box Oil

Additionally one brake caliper needed to be replaced, the clutch had been giving some problems and was bled which has solved the problem to a large degree. Smaller items like a loose glove box nut, washer fluid, suspension bolts check , torque setting checks.

The coolant leak i wrote about yesterday has currently been plugged up with M-Seal till the pipe arrives which should be hopefully Saturday or maximum Monday. Had a reasonably long drive yesterday , about 50km's. and once back home checked the patch and the seal was holding up.

The total bill inclusive of all taxes came to 7300 , pretty good in my opinion and definitely not a number i would call expensive. The car is purring like a cat getting her belly scratched. Accidentally revved the engine to 4k RPM thinking i was in the 2nd gear when i was actually in the 1st but the engine moved up like butter on butter.

Also on a side note ,compared costs of the items to 99RPM and was pleasantly surprised to see mostly everything matching up minus maybe 5-10 INR here or there.
    pabhishek, prabhjot and C_S like this.
  7. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    The pipe has finally been changed , it turned out to be a mini saga of sorts as after waiting for 3 days i was informed that the pipe was not available with Fiat as well and thus when it would arrive was "unknown" , as this was taking place the seal they had put also developed a small crack and hence the overall anxiety and urgency of the situation went up a few levels. A few emails to fiat resulted in them locating the part someplace and sending it to Kashyap , within 2 days , and it has now been replaced as of a week ago. The car has hardly been driven since then owing to me being out of town for most of the week but the 2 days i did drive it , there was no problem.
    prabhjot likes this.