1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tizzie comes home : The Linea T-Jet 2013

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by puchoo, Jul 14, 2013.

1. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Yes Ravi , that is the plan on action and i have already laid it out for them

2. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    So Tizzie crossed both the 1 year mark and 10,500 Kilometers a few days ago. The fastest 10k i have done in any of the cars i have owned primarily thanks to all the trips i made early on with the car. Overall quite satisfied with the 1 year of ownership barring the few issues which i have had and discussed here.

As far as the entire issue with the turbo goes i am still not sure but have decided to wait for another inter city ,800 odd KM trip to gauge performance there and then see what i want to do next , there should be a trip coming up for Shimla which will see the jet visiting mountain roads again as well and would give me a better idea of-overall performance.

Second service was carried out a few weeks ago as well , cost about 4500 bucks but i have not paid Kashyap for it yet coz they dinged my car in two places and have told them that they can expect to see the money only when thsi is fixed.

Blue and Me still troubles a bit now and then but have become quite used to it and disconnecting the battery every once in a while to reset it , is now almost a routine thing to do once or twice a month :)

Car goes in for an extensive dry cleaning session in a few days at 3M , seats have got dirty thanks to general use in Delhi and the above average trips to the workshop have not helped either so will get that done ASAP. Not the Anti-Germ treatment which 3M keeps raving about but the standard dry-cleaning package which will cost about 1500 bucks.

Keen on getting some wrapping done to add some more uuuummmpphh to the exterior design , exploring what , if anything , would look good on the car. If i had a white car then i would have definitely done the roof in black but with the Oceanic Blue color i need to figure out what will work and where on the car it will work.
    3 people like this.
  3. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    How irresponsible!!! Good that you are holding the Payment!

I have seen the body wash people drive crazily, and have reported it many times.

I scare to leave the vehicle in FASS, but sometimes we dont have a choice!
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Service centres in NCR are notorious for banging cars. I always try to keep my car in sight at service centre. A couple of times I have not, I have repented. Regarding the pick-up issue, in my case I found that the service centre had put gear oil and steering oil a grade below the one recommended by Fiat - they put in mineral Selenia oils instead of synthetic Selenia, I guess they store mineral oils to cut on costs. After synthetic oils were put in by FASS, I have felt proper power atleast 90% of time. I am still taking time to ascertain if the issue is resolved, but atleast the fuel average is now almost back to what it used to be

Since most of your oils were flushed/replaced after your accident, I would recommend you to check oils changed in your vehicle - first the receipt: if receipt has proper oils mentioned then check at the service centre. Another thing that would be useful for you - for putting in the transmission oil a pump is used. This pump is used by service centres while repairing cars - say for example they did something with the clutch and had removed the tranmission oil, if the transmission oil is not replaced then in that case the old oil has to be pumped back. If the old oil is pumped back, then some traces of old oil would be in the pump. In my case, when they removed the oil this time I saw it being dirty (gear oil getting dirty in 2-3 weeks in a few hundred kms ?). I Insisted on a clean pump being used - this time they did it using a manual pump which was clean. After the oil change I felt the engine to be smoother
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Thanks , this is really good to know and shall keep in mind. I am satisfied on the quality of the oil they put in this time , unlike last time wherin i did not specify and they would have used the common drum , this time around i bought the cans in front of me and got them to open it in front of me.

My highway trip has still not happened , but the more and more i drive i get more confident that there is some relationship with the AC and the acceleration , everytime i drive without it or put it off there is a considerable increase in peppiness of the car.

6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Yes Puchoo, AC puts load on engine and accleration suffers in all the cars. its very much pronounced in small cars like indica/alto/wagonr.
    In Linea(and in bigger cars) though, load is too less, its there nevertheless.
    For me too, while driving with AC; though there is no heaviness, but without AC car feels a bit 'light'.

What was your observation in Fabia?
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Hi again puchoo.

Could it just have to do with the way a turbo-ed engine is somewhat more sensitive to the outside temperature, relative to its peak performance that is, not in absolute? Just a thought, guess your highway trip will clarify matters. If so you'll find things distinctly better, more optimal once summer's over?
  8. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    The fabia is fine , it is a smaller engine in some sense hence there is some impact of the AC coming on but unless you are really looking for it one will not feel it. I would accept the AC putting on a load if the behavior of the Jet was similar during the first year which it was not - there was no impact on performance with the AC and now there is.

Similarly with the weather or the temperature as well , i got the car in June last year in Delhi - peak summers , the car did not seem to be bogged down by the fact that it was very hot outside - so again i cannot justify it in my head that that could be a reason this time around but have read in a few places that this can be a factor - only winter will tell :)
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Yes, there definitely is. On days where the Delhi temperature is above 36-37 degress the AC loads the engine a lot. Also, if you have the AC set on a temperature which causes the ACC to switch between hot and cold then in that case the engine again gets loaded - for example a temperature of 26 degrees when the outside temperature is hovering around 30-32 will cause more load then a temperature of say 22-24 degrees set on the ACC. This is what I have noticed and I guess it would be the same for you

I had a 600 kms highway run (round trip) and I am satisifed with the way the car behaved on the highway
    prabhjot and Ravi like this.
  10. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Long time no update

So tizzie had a few updates to her, some time ago I had opened the engine compartment to put in some water for the windshield and realized that 2 of the 4 brackets which hold the main grill in place were broken ( probably weakened in the earlier accident some months ago) so decided to pay a visit to Kashyap and get them changed

The Kashyap workshop in Okhla has shifted to a new building , next to Volvo and currently everything is operating out of their workshop. Fortunately being a Sunday decided to head off to their Noida workshop instead which had the parts. Replaced the main grill, also got the lower grill done to ensure they looked the same age.

Bit taken aback by the cost of the main grill - about 3000 bucks!! , the lower one was still fine at about 1000 but a bit shocked about the former. While there also replaced the RHS fog grill which had some minor scratches on it - thought might as well since once has made the effort to go to Noida and the part is available - the fog grill is very reasonable at about 500 INR.

Then noticed that the fog lamp was not coming on , decided to get it checked out and the bulb had gone, this was replaced - The original bulb which came out of the car is a Philips (refer to attached photo) , the new one which went in is a Ricambi Originali.

60bd7542-a5e2-41be-8356-1edb99b04536_zpsa4469e07.jpg

The highway trip happened as well finally end Novemebr. Tizzie for the most part is perfectly fine. Jumping around like a mountain goat on the hills and quick and sharp on the straights. Clearly there is no problem with the turbo per say , i will still get the AC looked at and the load it might be putting on the engine when it is running but i was quite happy with the way the car performed during the entire trip.

800 Odd Km's again , with about 275 on hilly roads. Entire trip average with respect to Mileage worked out to about 15.25 , 17 on the straights and about 12 odd on the hills when i checked , the hill drive was very aggressive with the engine touching 5000 RPM's regularly and i did not expect it to deliver much on the mileage front , i was just happy to find out that all is well post the entire turbo work.

I also got the balancing done from Tyre Dynamics in Noida a day before leaving , good professional job without any fuss whatsoever , definitely improved the handling dynamics of the car but i think i am still a bit off with respect to alignment / balancing.

DRIVING UP.jpg
    prabhjot and C_S like this.