1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tizzie comes home : The Linea T-Jet 2013

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by puchoo, Jul 14, 2013.

1. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    if the comment is based upon experience then it is fine. However, if it is based on examiner then I am not sure the correct parameter in the examiner which indicates the same. Hence just shared the above comment - just want to know which FASS is taking one of us for a ride: is it yours or the one that I visited. If your issue gets resolved then probably I have to pay your FASS a visit
  2. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Which is your FASS if i may ask , you can visit mine which is Kashyap because anyone walking in with this problem now atleast at Kashyap is going to be treated differently i hope - 4 months of me going on about it and finally everyone there now knows i was right and where the problem is but at the base level unfortunately Kashyap is just as bad as anyone else it appears

Coming back to the car and the problem , let me try and explain it differently..

I always knew there was a problem - coming on sometimes / not coming on sometimes so when it was test driven it behaved exactly the same way - floor the accelerator and the the car had a lag till about 2500 RPM - which should be completely gone once it hits 1800 or so , the car literally jumps forward if one is fairly hard with the accelerator pedal as you cross 1800 and this was happening only much later - so yes the initial "official" diagnosis and acknowledgement was on experience basis the driving of the car. The examiner was the next step more i suppose to ratify what was found on the drive not necessarily as the leading acknowledgement of the problem.

I will also say that do not trust another T-Jet , i was made to drive 2-3 which were present there , all well above 20,000 Km's so far older than my car - with the exception of one all behave differently , i will assume that these T-Jets probably have owners who did not buy the car because of the engine unlike us and might not be aware that there is a problem or these cars had also come in owing to problems with the turbo being one of them - point being that i will not benchmark my car against another T-Jet when it comes to a diagnosis. My feel as an owner basis the 7000 KM"s i did prior to it having a problem is the only aspect i am willing to live by, FASS and their opinions be damned.

3. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Part finally arrived as of yesterday and the car has been given for work as of a few hours ago.The reason they wish to keep the car for 2 days is not so much just to replace the turbo but find out the cause for the turbo problem - for example they mentioned examining the turbo pipes etc. So clearly problem identified , root cause currently not.

Will try and make a visit later on in the evening to see whats happening , given to Kashyap Okhla itself , Mr OP will be coming down from Noida to work on the car.
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I have been to both FASS in Gurgaon but with no luck. Waiting for an update from your side and then will try to get my issue resolved by Kashyap
  5. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Sure , will update as soon as i have something to share which at the max will be tomorrow evening. i was hoping to drop in today as well after work but going to the other side of town on a meeting so unlikely to return before closing time.

6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Is the surgery done and the beauty back with you? Do update if the beauty is back to its initial glory and some snaps of parts changed by FASS
  7. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Yes the work is done. I gave the car on Friday and picked it up Saturday evening , technicians from Noida were present both days including Mr. OP Sharma. The second service was also carried out.

In terms of work and eventually the output to be honest I was not blown away with what I felt. But like I have told Kashyap as well that I will drive the car around for a week so that I can gauge the performance and come back to them with more accurate feedback. But there are good things to note

If the performance of the car was say 5.5/10 then it has definitely improved and maybe gone upto 7.5/10 but I still feel that something is lacking and for me that is primarily the “push back into seat” thrust one used to get earlier . However the engine feels smoother , the turbo coming on is clearly more consistent , the engine RPM’s increase much faster as well.

It also appears to feel like that the car performs better without the ac on then with the ac on , the latter seemingly sapping some power and pulling capacity of the engine. I have mentioned this earlier as well but attributed it to the problems with the turbo itself but now wondering if this was a problem which has come up independently but was disguised from all of us behind the turbo issue – while giving the car I had made a mention of this but they did not check it out , for my satisfaction will do some homework on it and maybe get it checked out once.

So a bit of a mixed bag in that sense. I am happy with the uplift in performance but whether there is something to what I am feeling or I have simply got some irrational thought stuck in my head I don’t know. There is a fiat meeting coming up end of this month which I will try and attend and hopefully be able to drive a few other cars for comparison. Lets see what the next week of driving brings , i have told Kashyap and Fiat that I will get back to them by the end of the week with my feedback and then can decide what to do next if anything.

I saw the old turbo and clicked a few pictures , quite an expensive part – thought It was around 25,000 but its closer to 40,000.

1 person likes this.
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Thanks for the update. Please do post pictures whatever are available.
  9. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Just took a look at the pictures i had , no point in posting them , they are close up's of the turbo unit serial number , cannot make out anything.

10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Drive little more, and still you feel lack of power, better inform FASC to look at all the work done once more, to make sure all items are fitted properly.