1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tizzie comes home : The Linea T-Jet 2013

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by puchoo, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Ouch, that looks pretty bad!! Sorry to see Tizzie in this state but happy that only a plastic surgery is needed to set her right :D

OT - Just a little curious, what happened to the vehicle which rear ended you?
  2. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Thank you for that information. I have asked the workshop to keep the license plate , will do some patching up for now , quite a waste of time this entire process is with new HSRP.

Engine hood completely off , lights broken , license plate gone , bumper damaged and i suspect a radiator crack as well.
  3. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Oh thats really bad!
    Good that nothing major happened.
    Wish tizzie a speedy recovery!
    1 person likes this.
  4. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    The car has been with me for more or less a week now post all the repairs and i think sufficient time to put in an update. All is good news , there are no problems with the car whatsoever.

The paint job seems fine , no rattles or squeaks originating from any of the items which were replaced ,a ll light working fine. If at all anything , a few days after i got the car this clump of wires fell down on a turn , they probably have a clasp or a dedicated area to keep them out of the way but no major problem , checked to see that nothing had too much tension on it or anything was loose and shoved them behind the dash wherin there appears to be a little shelf type of area , which is where they probably go anyway , they have not fallen since.

Some extra work has clearly been done on the car as well , the clutch is now much softer and the gearshift is slick , its almost "buttery" - now i am no mechanic but i do not see a connection between bodywork and these two things improving in usability.

While waiting for the paperwork to be sorted out i also managed to ge the car into the alignment bay and get a check and the necessary corrections carried out , alignment was off by a bit.

All in all a good experience , the only pending point now is still the acceleration of the car which i have told them that i will drive for a while and then see. On their part they have done all the checks and everything is fine. For me the car feels better as well quite honestly in this regard , but i will leave final judgement out and drive for a bit more before anything.

Picture1_zpsf6164a03.jpg

Also couple of photos which captured when i visited while the car was being painted

20140320_141142_zps59f2a5a7.jpg

eb13105f-71f5-4166-a3ca-9385472bdb60_zps43509e24.jpg

20140320_141450_zps1f65072d.jpg

20140320_151517_zpsc92b96bc.jpg

20140320_142822_zpsc826c3f9.jpg

20140320_142307_zpsc91d8a82.jpg

20140320_151842_zps89906778.jpg

20140320_141831_zps978d3b6e.jpg
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Good to know puchoo that all is well with your Tizzie,

Happy Tjetting!!
  6. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Thanks you , only the turbo problem or seeming problem left to be sorted out.

7. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Good thing I noticed here is, they covered the car well while painting, not sure how many service centers are doing/following this.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  8. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Just an overall update , consolidated from different threads here as well

Quite a while since i updated , my apologies!

The car for the most part is doing well. 1 year ownership gets completed next month and whatever complaints i have had in these 12 months have had nothing to do with the car but all to do with the after sales experience. Interiors sticking up well , leather seats doing fine , no problems with the AC - Delhi is going upto about 48 C these days and it takes about 5 minutes for the AC to bring the interior temperature down to the desired which for me is always between 25-26 C

I got into another bang up a little after the car came back to me from the last one. It was literally Deja-vu . 11-12 PM at night , car parked outside house , lady driver -looking for something in glove-box again!! - veer's away from the road and smashes into the right side of my bumper. Car was a Chevrolet Beat. Bumper smashed , the jet moved about 5-6 feet forward despite having the handbrake up such was the force of the impact. 11,000 in damages all claimed from the errant driver whose car suffered a smashed bumper , fender , broken headlights , indicators , engine cover bent and a few other things.

This time since the bodywork was very minor - just replacing a bumper , got it done at Okhla Kashap instead , in hindsight the worst decision i could have taken. First they took 1.5 weeks to get it ready - they forgot about me a few days after i had visited - then when it was finally ready it was the wrong shade of blue - dont ask me how they could have managed that but they did! Anyway an escalation and back to being ok now.

The alignment had also gone slightly out of whack - so far i have asked them fix it 5 times and each time they have not managed to , just a lack of attention to detail , will be taking it to Bridgestone or equivalent soon.

Thanks primarily to the mood this bumper incident put me into i decided to send a stinker to Fiat on the acceleration issue , 2 days after that senior technicians inspected the car in Okhla; same day as Biraj's ; (they came from Noida) and have identified the problem , or atleast thats what they have told me . The problem is with the boost pressure - what everyone did acknowledge was that the boost was coming on quite late - closer to the 2500-2800 RPM mark. Later on there was some update on the car not holding RPM's as well. Parts have been ordered , work expected to be done in 1.5 weeks given the time required for the parts to arrive and availability of the car - but i still do not have a clear picture on what the exact problem is and what is going to get replaced ; in true fiat style they are being cryptic and i am getting multiple requests to stay off emails now.. smile.gif

Car has been consistent on the FE front , with summers striking Delhi with a vengeance a drop was expected and it did happen. Median FE now at about 10 - 10.3 , the standard 20% drop which i see with the AC on all the time.I do believe that the acceleration problem is also dropping this a bit , i remember this being closer to abut 10.5 last year , but at any rate 10-10.3 is not a bad number and if at all it will move up a bit after the work is done. If i make few longer runs in the city between filling up then it averages out to about 11-11.2

The car is also due now for its second servicing which i am currently planning to get done alongside the turbo related work - since the car might be out for 2 days and that too Noida which is where i prefer getting it done from now on , but playing it a bit by ear - might defer it off for a week or so to gauge improvement basis the parts which are replaced for fixing the pressure.

Tyre upgrade planned once all these things resolve themselves. Don't have any more accessories etc to really put in , would like a set of projectors but think i will stay away from them for now. A solid paint treatment also on the cards at 3M after i witnessed the difference with the Fabia when i had gone to them a few months ago.

Currently now waiting for the turbo part to arrive for it to be replaced. Hopefully , fingers crossed , it will be the end of this issue once and for all. Just to show everyone the fabia

Picture9_zps277807bb.png

Picture10_zps3002af9b.png

9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    How did they check the turbo boost? With the examiner? After reading your other thread on acceleration, I asked FASS to confirm the same. FASS said that the pressure is showing after 3000 rpm. When I told FASS that this is not correct, FASS showed me another TJet which had similar readings on examiner. At the end of this, FASS guys said that it is the pressure built up and not the point at which the turbo is kicking in. So please do reconfirm how the boost coming late is being determined in your case. In case the FASS I visited is doing the wrong thing, based on your response I shall ask them to correct the procedure they are following
  10. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    I can only comment what i saw in front of me....

First was a test drive where we floored the car multiple times , each time the turbo kick came in late - not at 1700-1800 rpm but around 2500 and it was acknowledged that the full power of the turbo seems to be coming in much later than it should

The second step was multiple readings from the examiner , i managed to take a peek at the sheet they had with them which they had kept to record multiple parameters to gauge performance - pressure , air intake etc etc at what RPM's.

Sorry i know this is not going to help much but like i wrote earlier in the post as well they are being vague about it .