1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tizzie comes home : The Linea T-Jet 2013

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by puchoo, Jul 14, 2013.

1. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Trip Report
    Delhi to Shimla
    Total distance covered : Approximately 900 Km's

Time taken while going : 9 Hours including stops
    Time taken on return : 7 hours including stops :D

FE from Delhi to Shimla : 14.2 Kmpl
    FE from Shimla to Delhi : 14.9 Kmpl

FE between Delhi and Chandigarh : 16.2 Kmpl

Managed to make another trip far quicker than expected home again earlier this month. As one can read from the fuel economy perspective , absolutely nothing to complain about. This was recorded with significantly fast speeds in the plains - as much as 130 Kmph on certain stretches , and lots of 3500-4000 RPM's hits on the hills.

I am only going touch upon aspects which i brought up post the last trip for discussions rather than going into everything :-

No complaints about the car feeling heavy going up this time around. I was ready for the "behavioral change" in terms of gear shifts the minute we hit the mountains and as many have commented she was a true mountain goat.

Roads were slightly better in condition this time allowing for fast corners and not once did she move out of line.

Very comfortable drive , not tired at all , seating perfect. There were a couple of squeaks in the car before i started out which i was pleased to find did not re-appear post a healthy dose of WD-40 on them prior to leaving.

The AC was on for the entire drive up and worked without any problems or complaints keeping the car at a comfortable 25 the entire time.

The mats were a real pain ,with my sole getting stuck in the lining which is present for the heel , these are going to get thrown out in the coming weeks and 3D ones bought , while i have the T-Jet branded mats i will keep those for the back only.

Car has crossed 4000 Km's now and i can take her for servicing. No real problems as such except for squealing brakes which has been around since a few weeks after getting her. Will get the entire oil changed as well.

Tyre noise was more pronounced this time around , or i noticed it much more at any rate and am fairly clear that while the Goodyears do their job well and are sufficient for me , reducing road noise would enhance driving experience with this car sufficiently and i will now start budgeting for some new shoes for her.

A few pictures from the trip

Panoramic view from a little below the house

Drive in the area

Drive in the Area

Parked with mother nature

Its only 4 PM but cold enough for condensate to start building. The car looks pretty weird when enough condensate builds up thanks to the noise reduction pad - the condensate takes the shape of that. If you look closely you can make out the shapes starting to appear

Long winding roads and smooth fast corners!!

Have a few more absolutely gorgeous photos of the wheels with the sunlight making them appear to have some effect on them , will put those up in a while as well.
    4 people like this.
  2. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Nice snaps and great to see the car being used to its potential :)

Would the brake squeal be because of the water being poured on the wheels/Brake pads while cleaning the alloys? I remember reading about this on one of the other threads, so it was just a thought before you look at changing anything.
  3. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    Superb Puchoo! Nice to hear there are no problems with your Tizzie.

Wish you many more happy miles.
  4. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    It could be , but as such there is enough time for the water to dry off before i start. Car will not be cleaned for a few days now will try and observe if there is any difference. And you are right , this was cited as one of the reasons somewhere.

Thank you sir!
  5. C_S

C_S Amatore

Waiting to see these snaps as well. Your car looks stunning in English like weather conditions.. Nice to see that you are enjoying your car..
  6. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Will put them up today itself , they were on another memory card which i forgot to carry yesterday.

7. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Alloy pictures , apologies for posting them so much later than planned. Ownership aside these have to be one of the best looking ones in the Indian market today. No special effects , just the effect of sunlight and them having been recently cleaned.

2 people like this.
  8. navi_tjet

Puchoo you do take good care of her shoes. Foot fetish...eh :D? Jokes apart, good to see the shoes and alloys nice and shiny - speaks volumes about the hard work you put in behind the scenes. What product(s) do you use on them?
  9. beda

Congratz...... :)
  10. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    The first step is to simply rub them down properly with a sponge and water. Once done i let them dry off a bit and then throw some more water on them to get dirty standing water out. Once they are dry i then use F1 Black Gold which is sprayed on and simply left.

Can take about 30 minutes , happy to report that there is a good chance of losing some weight if done regularly , and lower back muscles will definitely become much stronger. :-D