1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tizzie comes home : The Linea T-Jet 2013

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by puchoo, Jul 14, 2013.

1. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    I did absolutely nothing special yesterday , by the time we were out of the jam i was just keen on getting to the place as soon as possible and pretty much the same on the way back. On the last 1 odd Km before reaching home i eased up to let the engine "catch its breath" and did not go over 60 at all.

I guess if anything at all even during hard acceleration i did not let the RPM go over 3000-3500 and i was slotting it into 5th as much as i could when triple speeds were coming close.

I think its just the way the car is built , on long runs and decent speeds she will give figures which most would be happy with , on shorter runs she wont - for instance my daily commute to office , no matter how much i pamper her i have stopped expecting her to give me over 11 - unless there is absolutely no traffic on the road in which case maybe 12-12.5

The same mannerisms were present with my Fabia 1.6 as well , 10-11 normally , 12.5 if i tried and on the highway the best i have got without really trying is 17.5 with speeds over 100-110 enough. With the Fabia however it was easier than it is with Tizzie to get the economy to go up if one tried.

2. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    1 person likes this.
  3. weathered

weathered Timido

Bangalore
    Belated wishes puchoo! Tizzie looks beautiful in Blue.
  4. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Thanks Weathered!! Gives an entirely different meaning and perspective to the phrase "i Have got the blues" :D

5. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Media player fine till now but the real test will be on the weekend once the car has not been put on for upwards of 15 hours. But i have to say there is a massive difference in the speed with which a proper player vs a USB stick interacts with the car , for my player it used to take about 30 seconds for the media player to be detected and songs to start playing after switching on the car - with the USB this is probably at 8 seconds.
  6. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Spent sometime cleaning the tyres this weekend

Step 1 : Water and Foam , rigorous rubbing to get as much dust and particulates off as i could

Step 2 : Post letting them dry i use a combination of shampoo and diluted Tyre Cleaner and rub and scrub till the arms are ready to fall off again

Final Step : After letting them dry off post step 2 i now spray on a a concentrated tyre cleaner and shiner and this is what the final result is.

If you look at the top part and the "bluish" tinge - thats actually the sky reflecting off the tyre - look a bit closer and you can see the clouds as well smile.gif

At this point i clean up the alloys as well and one can make out the difference from this picture and the ones prior - but this alloy cleaning was simply by the way - i take out additional time for the Alloys and they can take 20-30 minutes on their own - but for this i simply gave them a good rub down and not other treatment

Last image - what the tyres looked like after about 10 days, i dont stress too much over the glossy shine , in Delhi its not possible to maintain it - a few days on the road and there is enough dust to erase the shine - what i end up with , and am happy with is a rich deep dark look which the tyre still has - this will stay this was for another week or so and then i would typically do it again. So life span post 1 wash is about 2.5 weeks. The image is not entirely true to the "degree" of black that is still on the tyre - this was taken with mobile phone hence low on quality.

148883.jpg

148884.jpg

148885.jpg

148886.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
    3 people like this.
  7. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Mileage Update for those it helps - figures from last week , total distance about 20 Kms each day , medium to heavy traffic with 3-4 traffic lights

Monday : 9.8
    Tuesday : 9.2
    Wednesday :7.6
    Thursday : 10.5
    Friday : 10.3

Figure is averaged out for the day - going and return.
  8. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Pretty decent numbers I must say for the heavy machine. Why are "Wednesday" numbers so low? Did you get stuck in traffic or some spirited driving of your Jet? In my experience, she is okay with a bit of spirited drive but she loves to do a "bottoms up" while idling.
  9. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Yep , Wednesday i got stuck in a pretty bad jam for a while , bumper to bumper traffic.

10. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla