1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

tire upsize math,advice needed.

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by theblack, Feb 20, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Hi all,

My bridgestones have some life left in it so thought I will change them for new ones. I also want to upsize it and here comes my question on it

My Punto comes with 175/R14 (Emotion), and I can upsize it to 195/R15 but E+ comes with 195/R15 by default and it generally is upsized to 205/R16 , So if my understanding is correct then my 175 can be upsized to 205/R16 too isn't it?

Please let me know.
    Also other questions include
    1.) wider tyres better than slender ones?( I know of wider ones causing hydroplaning effect on water logged roads)
    2.) Is a length of the sidewall more important for the grip than wider tires.
    3.) I want more grip and a bit softer ride(a bit of tyre noise percolates into the cabin in BS) than my existing ones.

PS:: I'm satisfied thoroughly with BS and planning on buying the same, but want to give others a shot as well.
    Surprisingly my BS lasted for nearly 40k it still has about 3mm, But i think it would be risky to continue with it anymore as its old.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    theblack
    Thanks for the query,i'm also waitng for the replies from the fiatians.i wantd to knw the lyf of tyres for BS my most of the drive was ful load .
  3. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    replies up there in bold :)