1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tire cost in Bangalore

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by subhashmv, Jan 16, 2016.

1. subhashmv

subhashmv Timido

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi,
    I have to change my Punto's tire. It has done only 26k, but two are completely bald and other two with one side. May be because I did not check alignment on time..
    I have enquired for Michelin XM2 165/80 R14 with couple of dealers around Kammanahalli in Bangalore, the best price I got is Rs 3900 + Free alignment and balancing.

Is it really the best price in Bangalore?

Regards, Subhash

2. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Regolare

mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    IMO 3.9k for 165 is way too high.
    Also upgrade to 185/70/r14.
    U will never regret to do so
    Regarding pricing, I would say get online, the only option left if u inquire majority of shops

3. subhashmv

subhashmv Timido

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank-you.
    185/70/r14 fit on to same rim/wheel as 165/80?

I will check with more dealers in price.

4. tweeting_fiat

tweeting_fiat Timido

Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    AFAIK 165/80 R14 is not present in Michelin XM2 it must have been 185/70R14 XM2
    Yes you can safely mount 185/70 R14 on existing rim, it is the correct upgrade.

5. rajks

rajks Amatore

@subhashmv irrespective what ever deal you get ensure that you check for the manufacturing date and buy a most recently manufactured one. The tire starts aging as soon as it comes out of production line.

6. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Did you consider hankook? Also check for online offers. Most of them sells newer stock than local tyre dealers.

7. subhashmv

subhashmv Timido

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Very late reply from me...

Even the difference of RS 100 won't go money saving considering we roam around the shops by spending on fuel and our time... So I fixed on the third shop
    I got the Michelin XM2, 165/80 r14, from tyrepark indirangar, Bangalore, for 4 * (3850 + 200 for valve with steel cap), in Feb 2016.

185/70 was 1k more, and I had to reject it due to budget limit.

As of today I have done 40k kms on Michelin, and expected 10 to 20k kms more..
    Experience on new tire is really great, particularly in first 20k. Comfortable, silent, and good grip.

Now there are couple of cracks on the walls. I have done alignment from different shop and they said it's fine.

Thank you!!