1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tips for your Turbocharger

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Italia-Linea, Aug 17, 2011.

1. mathuranuj

mathuranuj Amatore

Delhi
    You might miss out on extended warranty if the service is not done ontime.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Full marks to TATA for providing such an informative owner's manual for the Safari. Really refreshing.

Thanks for sharing Amit.
  3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    I was under the impression that with a leakage in the Pipe, the Turbo would not spin at it's full efficiency thus not compressing enough Air for the Engine to burn more fuel but i can't understand the logic behind how a turbo would fail when spinning at lower speeds than it is supposed to. Would you mind throwing some light on this part Amit? I guess it would be helpful for amateurs like us to understand more about the engine. Thanks for your detailed explanations.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Well the FGT turbo costs just 20k but the VGT turbo costs 42k (revised price)

Turbo will always spin at high rpm as its driven by exhause gases directly coming from exhaust manifold. If turbo hose pipe is broken then there will be a leak which will not force enough air to the intake.

Where did i mention turbo will spin at low rpms? I am unable to recollect.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    You forgot to comment on this :(
  6. Italia-Linea

Pune
    Delvac 1 is fully synthetic oil. I read on international forums that US truckers use this oil for 50k - 80k kms. But the trucks are fitted with oil re-conditioners.
    Delvac 1 is for commercial diesel engines - turbocharged and EGR formulated and exceeds almost all the given oil standards.
    Its one of the best oils available.

You can smoothly use it for 15000 kms and then change it.
    1 person likes this.
  7. I use delvac mx in swift even at 15k kms it still has some life left in it..
    In our Fiat cars under EW we have to use only selenia??

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    You did not. I just had my basics wrong and was making unnecessary assumptions.

Thanks for clarifying.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2.
  9. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    I have one more doubt regarding the hoses. Do they work well only if they are in the shape on the OEM ones? Im asking since I'm seeing people talking about using silicon hoses instead of the normal rubber ones since they don't give up as easily. But I doubt we could source them in the OEM shapes.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2.
  10. Italia-Linea

Pune
    Sadly the oem rubber hose is not living upto the mark. You can use flexible silicon hose that can twist anyhow.