1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tips for your Turbocharger

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Italia-Linea, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Order given for the pipe last week hence the delay.
  2. gp_yash

gp_yash

Bangalore
    Turbo is just a feedback mechanism. It is connected to the exhaust manifold of the engine. The exhaust from engine spins the turbine of the turbocharger. This is in turn connected to to the intake manifold and back to the engine through the compressor.
  3. Since this thread is about turbo, what it take to put a bigger turbo in Punto? what are pro's and cons of it?
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    with a bigger turbo in a very basic set up, you will face more lag than what you are facing now. power in turbo zone will increase but there are 100 other parameters affecting it and having dependency on the new turbo, which would be very long to explain here.

with the new turbo other parts would also need upgrade along with a ECU remap too.

instead of bigger turbo i would say go for a good remap to juice out the existing set up
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Bigg turbo = Bigg power = Bigg Turbo Lag and Very Peaky Power :)

A good remap is what we need. Along with a free flow intake and exhaust. But all this is already on a thread here on TFI.
  6. Italia-Linea

Pune
    Roger that :) but a good remap for linea is hard to find here in India. in germany i met some tuners who showed me how they do it online remotely for their customers. but we need that equipment with good network connection etc so that he can do it remotely.

but i am not too pro for it.
    we want someone who is in india has got expertise and gives guarentee. i was thinking about drifter and gang, but doesnt sound assuring with him sitting in England.
  7. The turbo charger simply increases the intake air. In a diesel engine the more air (oxygen) you suck in is better, because you always have a freedom to decide if you want more power (this is done by ECU on command from the driver : by injecting more fuel).

So there is nothing like a map from Turbo to injections !!!
  8. Italia-Linea

Pune
    Just posting a snap from other car's manual which sadly FIAT manual has omitted and written exactly the opposite of this.
    All other manufacturers say, save the turbo. Fiat has given a recipe to kill the turbo in its manual." Start driving off immediately - it saves fuel and emmissions"

turbo.jpg

turbo2.jpg

turbo3.jpg
    5 people like this.
  9. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Very informative but to see sadly missing in our booklets, thanks for sharing this info. Like said before my first year 15,000 km service is fast approaching and mine is around 9700 in the odo, would it not be appropriate to wait for one more month and change the oil as part of 2 nd service. i think i may cover 1000 km more till that time which may bring the odo reading to 10,700 km odd.
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Does this refer to aftermarket oils as well?
    I mean Delvac 1 for instance (which I'm using) ..

I dont know about the ECU but FIAT turbos are not very expensive , i think they cost close to 20k that's all..
    (Check shams post , he had the turbo replaced..)

I think fiat turbos are made by a company called Turbo energy india
    If you can source it directly from them its much much cheaper