1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Timtara.com - a bunch of thieves and frauds

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by rsinfo, Oct 8, 2012.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Ha ha. They might not even send that sir ji.
  2. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    The offer on Timtara was salivating. Rs.4,000/- off on a laptop worth Rs. 31,000/-, that's why I went for it. You don't get that kind of discount anywhere [by the way I am computer consultant & know the major retailers and distributors prices].

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

These robbers have stopped orders through COD. Now there is no option of COD !
  3. Might be they are thinking to run away by collecting payments.

Sony max discount offered by distributors is 5% being sony not offering huge margin to sell there products.

In my view "Tit for Tat" practices not correct, but what "Mango Man" can do in " *****" Country
  4. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    The discounts was not by Sony but by Timtara itself. It was applicable on all products priced above Rs. 20,000/-.
  5. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Very very sad!

My love to flipkart.com has increased after hearing many such frauds. Lazily order at a click of a mouse (I know some other sites offer lower prices) and choose COD and still pay using a credit card at time of delivery. Customer is King here!!!
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  6. COD is the best bet,but still not full proof..
    Recently a news in bangalore came that someone ordered for I-phone and got a brick packed inside instead of the i-phone,luckly he checked at the time of delivery and rejected the phone..
    1 person likes this.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

COD cannot be rejected if you open the package, unless if the item does not fit the description posted on the website. Being the resident cynic, I have a question for the OP.

You did not do this research, before you ordered the laptop, did you?

So, you fell into their trap, didn't you?

Do not get me wrong here. I fully empathize with your plight after spending 30+K of your hard earned money, but you have no one else to blame but yourself buddy. I am glad you posted this up here, so other potential buyers are wary.

Having said that, do they not have a cancellation policy? Just checked their website, and here is what it says:
    The text in bold, is your saviour. It is published on their website. They also have a track your order link. Go there, get a screenshot to prove that your order is not yet shipped., then go ahead and cancel your order. Make sure you attach the following:

1. The screenshot above
    2. The table showing timelines for refund
    3. A screenshot of the commitment to refund if you cancel before shipping.

Also, they claim to be in the Media big time. So, go ahead and copy editors of prominent newspapers.

Hope you get your money back.

8. nehamit

nehamit Timido

You can get refund by raising charge dispute

It is really shocking and timtara is known for this. You can raise charge dispute by submitting a form to your credit card company. I have used this for letsbuy.com six months back and successfully got the refund. Here are links(I am posting all major credit card links as I have no idea about your credit card issuer):

I hope this is useful and you get your hard earned money back.
    Dr. Amit P. Shah
  9. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    PatchyBoy, I accept that I took Timtara at its word. As already reported above, I have been shopping online for quite some time & this is the first time that something like this has ever happened. In fact I got my HTC One V phone, one week after launch for Rs.15,500/- instead of MRP of Rs.18,000/- online.

Many things are published on their website but most of them are lies or at best half truth that's why started this thread so that other people don't fall into the abyss in which I fell.
  10. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Hi rsinfo,

I purchased my Sony Xperia S from Timtara and I got it within 2 weeks. I must say I am very very lucky. Even I did not do any research before buying with them. After I bought it, I learned that there are thousands of customers who are cursing them for neither sending the product nor the refund. But, surprisingly I got my Xperia S delivered. When It was costing Rs. 30,000 in the market, I got it for Rs. 25,500 from Timtara with additional frebees (2 NFC tags, one extra data cable and a car charger).

By the way, one of my friend also fell into their trap and did not receive his product for 1.5 months. Finally, he registered a complaint through consumerdesk.in and they helped him to get his product. I will recommend you to register your case with consumerdesk.in and ashoka.in. Also, there is a webpage in facebook against them. Please visit it and you will find a way out.

I am surprised that these frauds are still running their company and still looting people. Go hell with the law. It's a jungle-raj in India.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012