1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Timing chain replacement

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by drapkarthik, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Chokku

Chokku

Bangalore
    I have given my 2010 Jan, Linea for the 60,000km service to KHT, Whitefeild, BLR, today. The TASS did not mention about the timing kit while taking in the vehicle, but, then about an hour and half later, I got call from him, mentioning that the timing kit has to be replaced, else my extended warranty will be void. Hence I asked him to go ahead with the job. The cost he told me was 12500/-. I am yet to take delivery of the vehicle, he has promised me tomorrow evening.
    I'll check out whether my VIN is listed on the free replacement list with him (not sure whether he would show it to me). Also have to ask him about the breakup. Will keep you'll posted about the kind of work and charges.
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    @varin11 can you please upload your invoice details specially labor details.
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Have they put an old turbo in your car? It says reconditioned turbo (by manoj sir) ?? a new VGT turbo costs 35k approx.
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    @varin11 thanks for the photo brother and yes my car too sounds like that. Would post a new audio clip soon too busy with college work these days.
    @Italia-Linea In Extended warranty if recon parts are available they are used else new parts.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Here's what our Linea sounded like when it was brand new. Now the sound is a bit softer and more mellow. Might give you an idea.

7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    If the TRUBO is from TEL then its repairable and normally they put recon one given by the company.If imported like from Honeywell then new one as sending there doesn't make any sense.

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

The pleasure is all mine bro.

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

Guys let em know if u can hear chain noise .My engine sound is changed after the chain change.its sounding more an hear some sound in the cabin as if its chain touching something.

Upload Audio | Listen to Audio | Linea engine noise | YourListen
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  8. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    @varinn
    which SC did you get your timing chain replaced from? U mean they didnt charge for the chain but for the labour?
    I got my linea mjd serviced for 75000 kms at fortune. Specifically asked for a replacement but was told after a check that its not needed. What do you suggest? Help me with the name of your SC.

got it from the invoice - OM SAI thane
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I got it done from Om sai Motors kandivli, Bombay.They charged me for the chain and labour of rs. 1800.
    but if u dont get it changed now ur warranty especially extended warranty will get void for engine or may be the whole car.So on the safe side get it changed.
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  10. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I feel my FE has come down after Turbo change and timing chain change.The change was done around a month back.The FE especially in lower gears 1st and 2nd) have come down.Before the change (turbo+chain) the FE in city was around 13-13.5 and now am observing it has come down to 11.5-12.

The lag I was facing i lower gears with and without AC is reduced quite a lot.The turbo replaced in my car was Recon one.

What could be the issue.any one facing this after the chain change.