1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Timing chain replacement

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by drapkarthik, Jul 14, 2012.

1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    It makes me wonder if the vendors for the mjd timing chain are same or different. Is Suzuki powertrain also facing the same issues and are the Maruti owners complaining?. Are the initial batch of punto /lineas too having the problem? I thought they had CBU engines built in Poland.

Abdul
  2. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @abdul, i think this won't be happening in maruti's case. Cause its clearly mentioned that, this protocall is issued for only 90hp engines & FIAT isen't suppelying 90hps to Maruti, isen't it?
  3. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Not a new news, It is a known fact that Multijets had timing chain issues. Several were replaced under warranty. It is also in news that FIAT is testing its vehicle with a new timing chain in its pune plant. Probably they found the malice and rectified it in the new models. This could be for the existing alone.. FIAT has to inform all its customers clearly.
  4. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    If the issue is only with the 90Hps, then would there be a problem for the 75 hps whose power has been bumped up by using the tuning kits ??? Clearly need more thoughts on this as there are many including me who use a tuning kit in our mjds.

Abdul
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  6. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    sx4 and ertiga has 90 hp engine also the manza, now anyone knows what maruti,tata has suggested ?
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Got the car back and it feels very different in a good way actually.
    Noise from engine is down by 50% almost same as Linea 2012 TD car, FE from Tribune Chowk CHD to Sec 26 Panchkula up to 18.2 kmpl with AC from earlier 14kmpl (7PM heavy traffic) and car just revs like vrooom vrroommmmmmmmmmmmm even when in turbo lag zone.

The chain costs only 906.67, Sealer 407.11 and Labor 4000/-. In addition to that I also got the sump changed as it had few dents costed 583.11

Highly recommended to get it changed just transforms the car completely. I wonder if my chain was faulty from beginning as Engine noise was always high in my car and turbo lag too much compared to now.
    4 people like this.
  8. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  9. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Can we do it voluntarily? Are the TASS guys equipped to do this job. I am asking because they are notorious of adding more while solving some / none.
    1 person likes this.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Was ONLY the chain changed and not the entire kit?:confused: