1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Timing chain replacement

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by drapkarthik, Jul 14, 2012.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    3 times increase in the prices of the chain and only 30000kms increase in kms....if prices are increased 3 fold ......quality has to go up but here Fiat is playin safe for themselves... thus more money for Service stations and loss for the car owners
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    @anilwithu Turbo kick, pickup and mileage are same no difference in feel. Apart from torn door rubber seals and few broken plastic locks car is running perfectly fine. Odo right now stands at 1.67l kms.

@varin11 Difference is only around 1000/- when I posted that info new chains had not arrived and ASS was just speculating.
  3. anilwithu

anilwithu Novizio

Chennai,Vijayawada,Hyderabad
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    awesome ..
  4. abhishek643

abhishek643 Timido

pune
    Hi Guys,

I have Punto 1.3, 75HP, clocking 81000kms. I went to service station Jay Vijay and they told that car needs timing chain replacement. Looking at the noise they told that its required to change it. I asked about the cost and breakup was shocked to hear it will cost 18K. Below is the breakup i got from them, can anyone tell me is it ok or cost is more?

Gas kit 1400
    Pad 600
    Timing chain 2650
    Chain Tensnor 2750
    Alternator belt 950
    Power starting belt 2100
    Belt Tensnor 2260
    Selent 600
    Oil seal 390
    Labour 4500

Regards,
    Abhishek
  5. jayadev.m4u

jayadev.m4u Amatore

Vijayawada
    Hi Abhishek,

The timing chain kit costs about 5k+ and gasket are required. Looks like few other wornout belts are also being replaced hence the cost. You can cross check again at 99rpm.

Cheers,
    JD

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
  6. DCpunto

DCpunto Novizio

Hyderabad
    Hi Abhishek,

I am also planning for Timing chain replacement (My 75 BHP punto will be celebrating its 5th Birthday next month). Can you please let me know what was the final Bill.
  7. Umesh Kumar

Umesh Kumar Timido

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    The part prices are a little higher than that on 99rpm. Check these two links.

http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/timing-chain-1-3-mjd-punto.html Camshaft drive assy
    http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/timing-chain-1-3-mjd-punto-109159.html timing kit

Tensioner costs Rs.1709 ( +Rs.110 for screws and the likes.)
    Chain also costs lesser but cannot confirm as the FASS might be using a different chain (maybe newer spec) than that shown in 99rpm. Get the part numbers from FASS and check.

Labour seems feasible. In our linea, the sprockets were also changed. Got it done outside for Rs. 18000 including oil+coolant+oil&air filter replacement.
    PradeepM likes this.