1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Timing chain replacement

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by drapkarthik, Jul 14, 2012.

1. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    That is some good news. Let us see how well the service centers deal with this work.
  2. punto11

punto11 Amatore

assam
    now the Fass will get the opportunity of installing cheaper old model chain kit in cars and charging for new costly kit. My 75hp punto is four year old and nearing 60k km mark. Really confused about changing the kit as it looks like a big job and chances of things getting worse is high. My previous experience with the only Fass in Assam was very poor. They fitted a motorcycle tube in windshield water drain pipe and later while driving the tube got stuck between belts. Thank god my wife noticed a burning smell and I immediately stopped the car.
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    PradeepM likes this.
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Circular mentions only about new type of chain and interval.
    Umesh Kumar likes this.
  4. anilwithu

anilwithu Novizio

Chennai,Vijayawada,Hyderabad
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    My odo was 92k kms recently first time i have changed the timing kit.Now the car pulling increased but still the engine little noisy.
  5. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    I dont think it is applicable for mjd 75 bhp. It seems only vgt engines 90 bhp will get the new belt?
  6. anilwithu

anilwithu Novizio

Chennai,Vijayawada,Hyderabad
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes bipin .. u r correct. 75bhp punto doesnt require this change until noise noticed.For 90bhp , dey have used little lengthier timing chain .. so chain will b noisy after 60k kms while load pulling.
    punto11 likes this.
  7. punto11

punto11 Amatore

assam
    oh thank god. That means I don't need to change the timing chain kit till noise appears.I will change oil at 5k km interval please god spare me.
  8. pradeepsangwan

pradeepsangwan Amatore

Bhiwani, Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No need to Thank God, just thanks FIAT as timing chain schedule is not applicable to 76hp..mine is 2009 model and timing chain changed at 80000+ only because that has started making sound....bye the way why 5000km oil change ...mine is 100000+ km old and always changed oil at 15000km interval.
    punto11 and PradeepM like this.
  9. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    Totally agree with you pradee. I am too following 12-15k kms service interval. MJD is a gem in Fiat Punto.
    PradeepM likes this.
  10. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    10 k or 1 year service interval is appropriate if you stay in south India.

15k service interval might be too much for the engine to bear.
    PradeepM likes this.