1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Timing chain replacement

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by drapkarthik, Jul 14, 2012.

1. mohitgtm

mohitgtm

delhi
    thank you but i would prefer it to be done in delhi, you see its 400 kms to and fro and what if i have to pay a revisit.
  2. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Ex.Warantte,RSA & Insurance was free or rather @ 3000/- in 2011.

Kiran
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    From what I know, this is true only for Linea mjd as the circular from Fiat to replace Timing chain @60K service is only for Linea mjd. It should very much be part of extended warranty for puntos (including 90 hps)
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Fiat is very bad in corporate communications. They lack clarity. It's pretty obvious that the 90HP and the Linea MJD share all engine components and still they give out circulars only for the Linea MJD.
  5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    ^^ I was fed up of this confusion, even the FIAT official i met at the dealership was not sure if it is applicable for the Punto 90. When i asked him, he thought for a bit and said, they both have the same engine so it has to be changed.

So, i went to the dealership when my car clocked 59K Kms (The 60 K scheduled service was already done by then at 57K kms), told the SA that there is a weird noise from my Engine and insisted that it is a problem with the timing chain. ;)

He took a look and said, there is nothing wrong. I was adamant and forced them to change it under EW. Apart from the plastic parts (Pads) and partial labor charges, everything else was covered.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Chains have broken in 75hp Puntos as well, so I wouldn't take chances in any Multijet variant and replace the ENTIRE kit ( Ok i'll put on my flame suit).

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  7. mohitgtm

mohitgtm

delhi
    guys please help me to reach ncr members on the forum.i m new and it is quite confusing as of now for me.
    thanks again.
  8. Please forget the flames always remember your fame:)
  9. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Have crossed 80K kms and have to do a 3000 km trip any time shortly followed by similar trips during last week of DEC and in FEB. As I have not replaced the timing chain till now am slightly confused whether I should get it done now.
    What are the symptoms of a chain problem. What type of noise do we hear.
    Is this covered under extended warantee?

Thanks
    Kiran
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ all the information is there in this very thread. please search.