1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Timing chain replacement

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by drapkarthik, Jul 14, 2012.

1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    From my experience of changing the timing chain at 75000kms, i now realize that it was the right decision. I wpuld even advise others to have the timing chain replaced at the Fiat advised 60K kms. It really improves the engine . The power gets restored and the FE gets back to new vehicle levels.

As the engine frees up over the distance, this timing chain wears and affects the efficient power delivery. When the timing chain is changed, a freed engine is able to perform better. This has been my experience. The amount spent is well recovered with higher FE ( which was earlier lost ) and also less smoke and peace of mind of not extending the life of something that can be very damaging and unknown due to its location inside the hardware.

Abdul
  2. I have created thread on Timing adjustment,please have a look and provide nay feedback.
  3. mohitgtm

mohitgtm

delhi
    Hello every body i m very new to this forum. i have been following this thread since very long but this is my first post , i own a 2011 punto 90ps and am facing timing chain issue, i really don't want to get replacement done from FASS(warranty is out too). NCR GURUS PLEASE help me out to get the job done from a trusted mechanic in delhi ncr for FIAT.
    Thanks a lot.Cheers..
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

What issues are you facing?
    And where will you source the OEM timing chain from?
  5. mohitgtm

mohitgtm

delhi
    Thanks akshay for such a quick reply.
    Morning starts makes krr krr sound from engine, and also car has exceeded 60k mark mileage, i can get OEM spares from kashmere gate Delhi(confirmed).
  6. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Dear Mohit,

2011. Your car should be under extended warantee which is valid till 48/50 months if yes why do you want to get the chain replaced outside? I also own a March 2011 90 HP Punto which is still under warantee hence asking this question.

Kiran
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Timing chain replacement is not a part of warranty now.
    I would recommend getting it replaced at Fiat after sales,you can catch them by their neck if any thing goes bad.
    For other small jobs you can trust your local mechanic.
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Why? As long as it fails within the replacement interval, i.e, 60k kms, we should be entitled to a warranty replacement. And that is how it was working as far as I knew. Srida is one member whose timing chain was replaced before 60k kms, under warranty.
  9. mohitgtm

mohitgtm

delhi
    sir i didn't opt for extended warranty. its january 2011 and yes timing chain is not covered under warranty now as said by akshay4384

- - - Merged Post - - -

so would you recommend me a reputed FASS in delhi ncr for replacement, i have tried kashyap fiat, oberoi fiat, both have pathetic services.
  10. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

You need to check with NCR members for that.
    If you dont mind driving 200kms i can recommend Metro Fiat Ambala,they are the best in this region.