1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Timing chain replacement

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by drapkarthik, Jul 14, 2012.

1. ^^ Thanks Sham.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    the way i look at it. Big car Big expense ;-)
  3. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    I casually asked this question to Bharat of KHT. As per him since the Linea is heavier and the power demand is higher, hence this problem is more in Linea than 90 hP punto.

I think Linea has max 100kg extra weight than Punto ? Is it so sensitive ? Anyways FIAT must have done their research.
    In the back of my mind cannot rule out the possibility that if they had done the same for Punto it might adversly affect the sale, we all know Punto sells more than Linea and FIAT would not let that happen.

Just to mention , today I left my car @KHT for 60K service including TChain replacement.
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  4. gkuppuprasath

gkuppuprasath Novizio

coimbatore
    Hi..every body i have changed timing chain to my 75 hp punto ..they charged Rs 6000 for all includes labour charge..
    later i will scan my bill
    Thanks
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Lucky you! In Bangalore, labor charge alone comes to 6k+
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Looks like it would be cheaper to drive down to Coimbatore and get it done. Cost effective and you get to go for a nice long drive :D

Rajan
    3 people like this.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    what was the reason for change?
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Looks like you got only the timing chain replaced. Not the remaining parts of the kit. Else only the parts would cost 6.5 K IMO
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

With the kind of kilometers i do,i would be looking at another replacement of this chain in a few months from now.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Today enquired inTASS abt my rides timing chain replacement which has ran till 74k kms.
    After the check by the mechanic he assured me that it can easily go till 1lac kms. So plan dropped abt changing the timing chain.