1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Timing chain replacement

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by drapkarthik, Jul 14, 2012.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Hi, can you confirm the manufacturing year of your Punto?

There was a certain batch of Multijets in which timing chain replacement was being done by FIAT.
  2. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    its Sep'2011 ...
  3. gurjinder

Punjab
    Sep' 2011 must be a one off case then , unfortunately.

That batch of timing chain replacements was from 2010 or so.

NCR guys usually swear by the services of Mr. O P Sharma @ HIM Motors , Patparganj. It is an authorised service centre. I would suggest you take his opinion on this matter once.

Cheers.
  4. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thnx bro... now for me its like "Punto, if going good is greatest of all hatch but when issue comes up.. its heavier and paining from all others "

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

i had just spoke to Mr. O P Sharma and he was quite amazed about timing chain issue. He said it is not possible that punto sep'2011 has timing chain issue and he makes 99% surety on this. But when i spoke to Oberoi Cars, they say its timing chain issue and its you to believe either on Mr. O P Sharma or on us. really confused a lot. Kindly advice me on this. As this require work to be done nearby engine compartment plus car needs to be at service center for 1-2 days...
  5. gurjinder

Punjab
    I would suggest you take the car to OP Sharma and ask for his diagnosis.

If any repairs are needed, ask him about the warranty process and let us know.

On more than one occasion i've heard Mr. Sharma finding the real culprit behind the problems and doing only what is needed.

Cheers.
  6. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hey good news folk...

today i just went to another service center in gurgaon for same timing chain issue and issue was still there till the guy check and told me that yes its timing chain issue and i went in sad mood and drive towards my home. While returning i just press button to down the side glass so that i again want to hear that 'nak' 'nak' noise from timing chain but to amaze there was no noise except the engine noise. I was totally surprised and my ear and mind won't believe it until i came to home and open the bonnet in start mode. I was like god what is this... i was totally in surprise and my heart pore on Punto... its not Honda Bravio..which loves u back.. iTS FIAT PUNTO which in real loves me in the same way..

@ALL Kindly advice do i still need to go to service centre for timing issue... now which my heart don't want to :p
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  7. gurjinder

Punjab
    You're better off at having an expert look at it. Frankly, with all the good reviews i've heard, i'd rather trust Mr. Sharma's opinion than anyone else's.
  8. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Mr. Sharma will be joining this coming Saturday (currently on leave). So i am thinking of driving my punto till this weekend and will go to Him Motors then after to have a look into this.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    The problems you've reported are classic case of TD, Can you remove the box for a while, Get the EGR, MAF cleaned .
    How often do you see black smoke?
    What is the last interval of you're oil change?
  10. drapkarthik

drapkarthik Novizio

Bangalore
    Sorry to be silly, could you explain me what is TD, MAF. Oil change i do it once in 10,000kms
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012