1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Timing chain replacement

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by drapkarthik, Jul 14, 2012.

1. samanth passi

samanth passi

ncr
    hello varoo9999 i got it from a local dealer near my home saket jkm motors (himashu) +919871956427 but it took 2 days for him to arrange them but they were 100% original (fiat india was written on it and were packed in fiat blue and white box).
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thnaks for the info samanth,by the way lot of Manza's spare can be used too for our Fiat's.
  3. samanth passi

samanth passi

ncr
    no prob varoon!!! i tried that "manza product" oil filter but my car gave a warning so never stepped ahead with that!!!!!n the quality which goes into fiat after market products is better than the tata original products and on the other hand i got to know from TASS that tata consumers request TASS to put fiat products in there cars like oil filter,air filter and etc.....
    1 person likes this.
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Samanth

What is brake disk tunning. Funny name of labour work.
    I never ever seen this type of labour work.
    I think Tata ASS suck money by applying these types of hidden charges
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    IMO, many of the engine parts of the MJD is common and come from the same vendor but a different drawing. Sometimes FIAT will tweak the design of a few parts to maintain exclusivity and make more money. It also depends on the architecture of the engine layout for eg, the turbo hose of Punto will not accept a VISTA turbo hose. The engine internals will be same for sure. I buy the Air filter of manza. It is much cheaper and it comes from the same vendor. Engine wise , one can save much money by using TATA parts eg Timing chain kit. We could use maruti parts too.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hi samanth. which year is your car model?

Wondering how you became eligible for free timing chain replacement. Did they call you ? or did you have a problem ?

Abdul
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

FYI Manza uses same oil and fuel filter as a Linea:)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Guys please change timing chain at 60K interval for 90PS MJD engines.
    Saw a linea with 86K on odo,and a broken timing chain today at Aftersales.
  7. maheshr

maheshr Timido

I checked the condition of front pads myself. To me it looks like it has more than 30% life left. As you said the rotors have grooves so I will check it with a local mechanic.

- - - Merged Post - - -

My Linea mjd is 3.8 years old, 50 k clocked and 60 k service done recently. But I didn't changed timing chain. Should I move forward to do it now? or can I clock more kms like 60 k?

Timing chain replacement being a major work, should I do it on TASS or can I do it outside?

Any damages?
  8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

The car was starting,so that means it was safe from some serious damages,but it was making some loud metal clanking noises on starting.
    I would recommend that you get the timing chain changed when your car hits 60K on Odometer,and get the oil changed as well,during timing chain replacement.
    Also,get it done at after sales and not outside.
    1 person likes this.
  9. samanth passi

samanth passi

ncr
    hey bhai!!! brake disk turning is done when disc become uneven resulting poor braking on vehicle brake-disc turning machine - YouTube this video shows how it is done!!!!

- - - Merged Post - - -

ya u are right and if the timing brakes it is a very expensive repair after that,That's y fiat brought in a upgrade to make timing belt stronger and it was done free of cost!!!

- - - Merged Post - - -

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hi samanth. which year is your car model?

Wondering how you became eligible for free timing chain replacement. Did they call you ? or did you have a problem ?

Abdul[/QUOTE]

hey Abdul

i am driving a punto 1.3(2010) emotion pk and linea(2009) 1.3 emotion pk.Got a call from TASS stating the fact their is timing chain upgrade for my linea and it is done free of cost and you know the toppings was that my car was out of warranty!!!!I really love TASS (ABS MOTORS),they do a wonderful job with my cars!!!Its the same kind of feeling in TASS and FASS for me!!!!
  10. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Did anyone get the timing chain replaced on a "Punto" as part of the scheduled service at 60K? I thought the replacement for a 90 HP is mandatory from the posts here but the guys at the SC tell me it was not required for a Punto. They say it's only for the Linea, how could that be?

I asked them to get the notice that FIAT sent so that i can read it, but that didn't happen today.

How should an uninformed customer know if the replacement is mandated or not. Obviously my Manual does not mention anything about the replacement and the SC does not have any idea about whether it is supposed to be done or not.

If i don't get it replaced and something happens in the future. I guess, i have enough points as a customer to argue that my manual does not mention it, FIAT never informed me and the SC never mentioned that this needs to be replaced per schedule. The SC obviously needs to mention it in the Job card to prove that they did let me know.

Fun!!!