1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Timing Chain/belt replacement kit for Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD 75BHP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by ramesh_v, Jan 21, 2019.

1. ramesh_v

ramesh_v Amatore

Hi,

I would like to know at what Km we should change my Punto 1.3 MJD's (2009 model)timing belt/chain replacement kit. Has anyone did that already if so please share me the details and cost attached to it.

I am done with almost done with 1lac Kms. Last time when gave my vehicle for regular servicing at Fiat service center they told me that it has to be replaced at 1Lac Kms. Also they told me that the cost (20-25K ??? is it that much) of the kit will be more and along with regular oil and other replacement cost will go high and they asked me to be prepared for that.

My vehicle's service due is in the month of Feb'19. Hence need your suggestion and guidance on this timing belt/chain stuff please.

Warm Rgds,
    Ramesh

2. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

It has already crossed 75K mark and please change it don't drag as it will affect the engine performance, life and have many cases where the engine is destroyed due to unnoticeable sound of timing chain issue.
    Don't do it in FASS it is very costly, I have done in FNG and was costed around 9k(Swift timing chain parts was included).

3. ramesh_v

ramesh_v Amatore

What is FNG and where is it?

4. limraj

limraj Esperto

Trivandrum / Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    FNG - Friendly neighbourhood garage, you can find it nearby !

5. ramesh_v

ramesh_v Amatore

Ok thanks got it.

6. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Mine crossed 1.25 Lacs Kms and engine still seems to be young with euro 6 fuel. I am getting mileage of 19.5 kmpl in city-highway condition and on highway it went to 22-23 kmpl and that too with 80-100 speed.

Do i need to get timing chain kit change???

7. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

I guess timing chain replacement is required only if there is any problem. Mine has crossed 90k but still is new.

jackharrisw likes this.