1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Timing Belt Changed - Emotion Pack PETROL 1.4 FIRE

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Miltz, Jul 8, 2015.

1. SanketGajane

SanketGajane Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    This info is good, Thanks!

The link explains the process in detail but sure not a DIY cause one sprocket bit here and there the result would be very bad

I don't know if it's just me but I am not able to see those vids, could you please post he links :happy:
  2. Miltz

Miltz Novizio

Pune
    Linea 1.4
  3. Miltz

Miltz Novizio

Pune
    Linea 1.4
    Timing Belt video
    &

Timing the MultiAir Dart or Fiat 500 1.4 L Engine video 1 & 2
    &
  4. SanketGajane

SanketGajane Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    So finally got the timing belt on my 1.4 FIRE changed.
    Ordered the following from 99RPM and got it changed from an independent mech:
    • Timing belt
    • Timing belt Tensioner
    • Stud+nut
    • Comp/Alt Belt
    • Pw Steering belt
    • Selenia K oil 3 ltr
    • Air filter
    • Oil Filter
    • Fuel Filter
    • Pollen Filter
    Now car feels butter smooth :cigar:
    Thanks for the advice guys!

99RPM delivery was a bit slow this time, took 6 days to deliver, but I am happy.
    In the shipment they forgot to send the 'nut' but I could see the Invoice with all the items except the 'NUT' being striked off.
    Got another delivery the next day all packed with just the nut o_O. The original nut was seal packed with MRP and part number :happy:
    Good going 99RPM!
  5. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    I know that this thread is a bit old but my question fits in with what has been discussed in this thread.

I was planning to change the timing belt and also the steering and alternator belts for Linea Petrol.

I was going to order the timing belt from the rpm site but was not too sure of which parts to order. Do I order the Camshaft drive set that also includes a belt stretcher with timing belt, or order only the timing belt - since the timing belt is the part that is advised to be replaced every 60k km? (I assume that the timing belt tensioner/tightener the same as stretcher)

Similarly the the alternator and steering belt also have a tightener as shown on the site - and again, does the tightener also have to be replaced in this case too?
  6. Miltz

Miltz Novizio

Pune
    Linea 1.4
    @ Maxtor
    I suggest go with dealer for parts as sometimes they behave finicky when you supply parts from outside and may try to jeopardize the works. Moreover the savings wont be significant.
    You will need the belts all 3
    Timing
    Alternator
    Steering

REPLACE THE BELT STRETCHER IS A MUST even if it is in Good condition as the chances of failure are more and this change will save you both the engine and the cost of labor. This is the costliest of the lot.

Steering and alternator belt stretcher NO CHANGE required.

Do check the WATER PUMP now and if required replace. It is a good practice as you have done 60k, but take Service Advisor's advice here. SAVES YOU THE LABOUR AND TIME in event of failed Water Pump.

Cheers!!
    Rags_india likes this.
  7. Rags_india

Rags_india Timido

DELHI
    Linea 1.4
    Dear Miltz, I have a fiat linea emotion petrol 2009 Oct model. I have driven 45k km so far. Today when I got my car serviced, the supervisor advised me to change the timing belt soon. I do not have any problem with engine sound so far. Manual says that timing belt should be changed after 60k km or 4 years. Though the car has done almost 7 years, I have driven only 45k km. Should I take a chance to get it changed during next servicing next year? Or should I change it immediately?
  8. Miltz

Miltz Novizio

Pune
    Linea 1.4
    Bro you've just got a major expense ticking.
    Its 2 years overdue and you risk the belt snapping anytime with or without warning. Get it changed ASAP and yes the advisor is right.

The Manual also says very clearly 60,000 kms or 4 years whichever is earlier.

TIP: If at anytime the vehicle when in motion stops abruptly with some loud and weird engine noise (assuming you are in right gear and right rpm) then DO NOT ATTEMPT to crank the engine. Inspect the Timing Belt by opening the inspection cover or get a roadside garage person to check.

Cheers.
  9. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Thanks for the info on the timing belt.

Recently Even I can hear that my engine has become more noisy than before and the smoothness in the engine has been lost. The acceleration also feels a bit sluggish at times and the average has been lost. I have been getting an average of 8.0 Km for local driving and a max of 9 to 9.5 on highways. The accelerator response seems to vary all the times, sometimes the pickup is butter smooth and the average increases all of a sudden and sometimes the acceleration is sluggish and I find going over 70Kms a bit tough and I need to accelerate heavily. Also I can feel vibrations on the accelerator pedal, though not very heavy vibrations, but since I have been driving the same vehicle for over 5 years, I can easily feel the difference.

Can this be related to the timing belts?
  10. Rags_india

Rags_india Timido

DELHI
    Linea 1.4
    Thank you miltz, I just fixed up for timing belt change on 13 sep. He told it's going to cost about 7k including timing belt change, tensioner, bearing and labor cost..Kashyap Fiat, Delhi.. thanks for the advise again..