1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Timing adjustment in MJD

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Oct 28, 2013.

1. I reverted to almost neutral timing in my car,it doesn't feel as quick as it was was while in advanced state but, i was missing the low end.I had rev hard to overtake. Also several of my friends started ripping my car as 120-140, as easier to reach and I was one paying the fuel bills :-(.

Wish FIAT introduces Multi air engine in near future or at least add VVT to existing engines.Unless TATA/Suzuki needs them they may not land here in India and I don't like a Honda or Hyundai in current build quality levels, so i am stuck with FIAT:A
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    He is right. This type of incidence I faced in my Pulsar 220 Fi.
    There was little bit strain at engine after 3000 RPM in my P220 Fi. I went to Bajaj ASS. Service guy reset tension of timing chain. Wow! I started to get better throttle response & better engine operating range.

ASS told me if problem persist I shall need to replacement of timing chain & sproket.

To avoid repair I gambled by replacing timing chain tensioner.

After using bike for some 10-20 km again I started to get same problem but not as much before replacing timing chain tensioner.

If there is differance in timing even in m.m. all is well but you will get slightly drop in performance. That amount of differance can be identified only by true enthusiasist.
  3. Bhai,
    Thanks,i too had faced timing chain issue in my P150 long time back as it as the first batch of Pulsars then.
  4. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Sat , last time when I got my Tchain adjusted by Harish, I had an impression that he has slightly advanced the timing, however my low end improved and I have no probs at top end either. I feel those FASS guys had fully screwed the setting altogether when I changed the Tchain and Harish set it correctly as both low and top end is exactly what it used to be before. Also mileage increased 2 km/l on average.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  5. Soumen,it is difficult to precise the timing once flange is removed. I used to get about 2-3 kmpl more mileage while on extremely advanced but was loosing low end torque.

You might have heard saying no two cars will be same by told by some learned men.slight advance or retard is difficult to find out unless you drive a car which is priciely set timing.

That's why car with varibale valve timing will go advanced only in RPM's more than 2500 point at which there will be enough torque already available.

I wish FIAT releases multi air engines in india,it will be hell of machine to drive.

Imagine a tjet engine with multi-air technology.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    2 people like this.
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Who is Mr.Harish ? Is he works at FIAT ASS? If yes then which ?
    Please inform. So I can show this subject to WM of my FIAT ASS.
    I am very much in need of this. Getting poor performance even after changing EGR valve.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3