1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Time taken for repair works:Share your thoughts and experiences

Discussion in 'Technical' started by sungoa2010, Dec 5, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    This thread is created to know an idea about how much time (hours/days/weeks/months) is required for different repair works like running repairs, accidental repair works, break downs etc.

I had recently had a breakdown due to engine mounting breaking. The entire work was done at TASS within two and half hours.
    Wipre replacen
    [table="width: 500"]

Engine mount replacement
    2 1/2 hours

Internal Rear view Mirror
    45 minutes

Rear wiper replacement
    40 minutes

[/table]
  2. cooltaurean

cooltaurean Amatore

Mumbai
    you are lucky man. all that in 2.5...... quite an achievement (maybe for TASS as well :))
    my recent experience with the new GC kit installation.
    Time promised -4 hours. Time taken- 8 hours. 45 mins in the morning waiting for SA to attend me.
    Similar experience on previous occasions too for servicing and breakdown case.
    Praying for FIAT to take up SS soon so that these experiences improve.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    You got a wrong thread started my friend ..lots of tornado's will come here :p

For me first 2 hours just go away in getting the job card created and then hunting out the person who will execute the task :p
    3 people like this.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Does that include the time the SA takes to meet you? :A :A

Rajan
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I first thought of posting this in Technical. Then realized the possibilities of many other things that are associated with actual works. So thought service station section will be convenient. I request people to mention separately if the work is delayed by some other factors like car cleaning, parts availability etc.
  6. cooltaurean

cooltaurean Amatore

Mumbai
    did u say cleaning?? i am sure many of us agree that the building watchman washes and cleans the cars much better than TASS. its a mess....always....
    frankly, if you ask me, the time starts when you call TASS for either an appointment or for a breakdown call. you sure cant just drive into TASS without an appointment and it has so happened with me that even when i have one, i don't find my name on the list when i reach.
    happened twice with actually.
    1. monsoon checkup- appointment for saturday taken on tuesday. on saturday name not on list in the workshop. took me 2 hours to make them agree that i indeed called..delay right from there.
    2. GC kit upgrade - 1 Dec- Appointment taken -28 Nov. based on previous experience, called TASS again on 30 Nov to confirm.... and lo... operator says' sir aapka apointment toh nahi hai' (no appointment for saturday). took me 1 hour again to make them recollect that i did take an appointment. i was then told to 'get my car to TASS and they will accommodate me' Accomodate?? what does that mean? i was giving new business to them. 15K worth billing and i was told that i would be accommodated??? absolutely sunk...but kya kare... its our need, we have to put up with all this. so i went... the rest is in my post above.
    my view is that TASS never cared of FIAT cars the way they do for TATA, for obvious reasons. again, i hope FIAT do launch their own SS soon. am not expecting miracles then, but i think anything can be better than this and as paying customers we deserve better. its not that we visit every month or 2, but when we do we should be treated better. sorry if i was a bit harsh up there but it is really frustrating........ :(
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Nopes, this is after i have already taken a prior appointment, spoken to SA over phone about my appointment, reached TASS 20mins in advance to appointment and reminded SA that I am there.
  8. 1st Service - 7 Hours.
    RR Power Window winder replacement - 6 Hours. (Part Procurement - 17 Days)
    Bumper Painting - 2 days
    & it took an hour for replacing the plastic part that runs beneath the front windshield (don't know the part name)
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I think one hour is normal as even for a small job they have to go for entire process(job card-actual work-billing-payment)
  10. There was no job card for the one hour job. It was found broken when I did the PDI & it was replaced FOC.
    Also the OVRM cap was painted & they had the car for half day. Here again, I found it during PDI & no job card was created for that.