1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tik tik sound when acclrated hard

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Folks,

when ever I try accelerating hard I hear tik tik noise from the engine bay.
    It can be easily reproduced by going to 2500 RPM in second gear , do you guys know what could be the issue?

I don't have nay performance issue with the car,but this issue is still there since an year at least.

2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

First of all check any play in bonnet when it is closed. If there is any play there are rubber gomets on bonnet turn them anticlockwise till the play is not there.
    Also check battery wires and battery are tight in the tray.
    Check the horn, it should be tight.

Also ask someone to rev the engine and try to find from where the noise is coming.
  3. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

same , my car is just replica of your car. Its like a matel pipe hits body of the car. This noise came after rust treatment by Oberai. Also, a khassssssss sound comes from left front side on right turn.

I've given my car to Techno today for another rust treatment and asked them to resolve these soundss.
  4. It come only while driving the car , but what ever you mentioned needs to be checked.

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

Let me know what is the outcome, it might help in resolving my issue.
  5. I think I found the issue in my car, it seems to be the plastic touching the front windshield,I sat in side the car asked my wife to tap the plastic gently Eureka that was it.