1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tigress on the prowl - Punto 90hp Sport

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Auto Freak, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai

Thanks a lot Sakartechin!

Even i seem to quite like the looks of this gun metal finish, so no plans of getting them painted any time soon :)

He sure is! My Punto guru :p

I know! I've been drooling over pictures of theblack's car while i was waiting for these wheels! :D

This as Driv3r said was got from Sunil.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  2. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Your ride is looking great, those alloys with the slight offset really does improve the stance of the Punto :) .
    1 person likes this.
  3. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Beautiful alloys !!! Make it black it would be a killer!
    1 person likes this.
  4. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks flywheel! The increase in track width due to the offset change is only 8mm (4mm only on each side).
    However, thanks to the OZ being 7J wheels aginst the stock 6J, the outer edge of each wheel has come out by 16.5mm! That's what aids the improved stance :)

Thanks mchanna!! hahaa not immediately for sure. But will sure try a photo edit with them in black :)
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How much did hood sticker costed ??
  6. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    I got an entire set of stickers to replace the front right sticker after a dent removal. It was for around 2.5K.

This hood sticker was part of the set.

Link from 99rpm: http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/body-decals-punto.html

I got it from FASS though :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    Audio Upgrade! (again :D)

Got Tigress's music system upgraded today!

Earlier Setup:
    HU: Stock factory fitted HU
    Front Speakers: 6.5" components on the door - JBL GTO S649 C
    Rear Speakers: 6x9" Morel Maxximos on aftermarket parcel tray
    Amp: None
    Sub: None

While this set up was quite a good improvement over what it was right out of the showroom, I was still left wanting for clarity and the bass sounded distorted at higher volumes.

This meant I had to keep volume low and I eventually even switched completely to 80's music because it suited the set up better!

It was when I happened to listen to Driv3r's Punto to which he had recently added a 4 channel amp and a 12" sub, that the ICE upgrade bug caught me! It sounded much much better than mine and I fell for it!

The new setup:
    HU: Stock factory fitted HU
    Front Speakers: 6.5" components on the door - JBL GTO S649 C
    Rear Speakers: None
    Amp: 4 channel - Ground Zero GZIA 4115HPX
    Sub: 10" Ground Zero GZ-A10W

The installation was done at SpeedFreaks, Anna Nagar. Mr.Karthik the proprietor is such an audiophile and clearly knows what he does and loves it too! He understood my requirement and answered all the noob questions I had!

My Requirements:
    > I wanted to stick with the stock HU (no pre-outs) as I was keen on the looks of the front fascia.
    > Requirement was a system that is not so bass heavy but with clarity and balance across the whole range of frequencies with that 'right' amount of 'tight' bass in what was being played
    > Playlist is a wild mix of anything from movie songs (80s and the most recent ones) to some pop and rock as well.
    > All within a budget of 20K.

The job done:
    He suggested the above set up. I was initially concerned about completely doing away with the rear speakers. But the HU has no pre-outs and there is going to be only a single 4 channel amp with 2 channels powering the front components and the other 2 channels bridged to power the sub. So there was no way that the rear speakers could be accommodated. Being single in the car more than 90 percent of the time, I felt this may not be a deal breaker.

The entire wiring has been redone. The front component mounts have been made tighter to avoid air leaks. Being on a tight budget, damping has been restricted to only the area around the speaker mounts. Door foam sheets have been used on both the front doors to improve sealing.

Initial impressions:
    Karthik took quite a good amount of time in tuning the system just right. Not heavy on either higher or lower frequencies. It sounds balanced and just right for the sort of music I listen. So perfect for me that it is better than what I had expected. And I do not miss the rear speakers!

The bass is not heavy, just the right amount but still tight and the components sound much better and clear than they were before. No distortion or vibration at any volume level. I was left grinning ear to ear when the installation was complete!

At the end, the expense however shot way over the budget landing at 28K including installation charges! This certainly is expensive. But for what I have got, a perfect install made just for me (at around my planned budget :p) by a professional installer who understood just what I wanted, I feel it is justified!

Sorry that I don't have any proper photos with me as of now. Shall update pictures soon.
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
    1 person likes this.