1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tigress on the prowl - Punto 90hp Sport

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Auto Freak, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks SunnyBoi! That's exactly what even Driv3r suggested.

I kept the caps open for half n hour and all the fog/moisture vanished.

Have done a 200km long trip after that and it didn't see any moisture post the trip. But waiting for a rain or a wash to be sure its really gone :)

On another note, i find the beam throw and spread with these smoked lamps absolutely identical to that of the stock!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Where did you smoke this in Chennai? :)
  3. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    Got it done at Speed Freaks anna nagar. Cost me 2K.
    Didn't want to take chance with a DIY this time in spite of having half a can of VHT nightshades. Also, I was having no patience for the DIY

Driv3r has taken that can from me now! Can expect a DIY smoking from him soon! :-D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    2 people like this.
  4. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    After the Yelagiri trip, my left door decided to not cooperate with the central locking system.
    It would stay locked when I unlock with the remote and would stay unlocked when I try to lock with remote or when the car crosses 20kmph!
    It however could be locked and unlocked manually.

Took the car to RDC yesterday and it was found that the door lock had gone kaput.
    Was replaced under warranty and the left door is happy again! :D

IMG_20130830_105536.jpg

Here's another pic from the last week's Yelagiri drive

DSC_0894 (1).jpg
    2 people like this.
  5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Awesome work done by you Driv3R..:)
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Autofreak,
    Oh well mine too gone kaput recently. Same problem. Could not lock at all manually or remote. Replaced the lock equipment under warranty by vecto.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    Now, that I know is an update after really really long!
    But its something I am so excited to post!

The stock alloys have made way to OZ Envy 15" wheels.
    They are 98 PCD with a slightly higher offset (37mm IIRC) than stock.

The alloys are pre-owned by a fellow TFIian, used for around 6K km. They have been taken good care of and are as good as new.
    Many thanks to my friend and TFIian DRIV3R who took all the pains of sourcing them, checking them out more than once and even getting them collected for me! :D
    It came with the whole set of hub centric rings, lug bolts and original boxes.

Drove to Bangalore on Sunday morning and got them fitted!
    My initial observation is that the car feels just fine with them. No abnormal vibrations at speed.

The track is now a wee bit wider given the slightly higher offset of this wheel.
    That translates to what I feel to be better straight line road holding and a slightly heavier steering in corners taken at higher speeds.

Some pictures clicked on the way back,

DSC_1009.jpg

DSC_1014.jpg

DSC_1024.jpg

DSC_1025.jpg

WP_20131215_042.jpg

Service Update:
    On a less exciting note, the third service is done!
    The odo stands at 31250 now.

All the fluids and filters have been replaced. And yes, my Delvac1 has been drained and its now the regular Selenia in my oil sump :( .
    Wheel balancing and alignment was also done totalling the bill to 9800.
    A mild rattling in the front left door is also claimed to be sorted. Am yet to pay a keen ear to it though.

Service was done at RDC, Chennai. Wanted to drive to True Sai, Salem even this time.
    But what held me back was that the odo was already over 30.5K and driving to Salem would add another 350 to it. Was concerned if FIAT would find that an issue as the schedule is at 30K.

What delighted me was that I could take the car to RDC Fiat just before noon after only a phone call at 9 and get it back by 5 in the evening with all servicing and washing done!
    Fiat sure is improving on service.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    4 people like this.
  8. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Awesome looking alloys ... wish you more happy miles .Gun metal looks cool do have any idea to paint it ?

As you mentioned in your previous thread DRIV3R is an encyclopedia of punto :cool: .. thats true !!!
    1 person likes this.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Sham (theblack) had same alloys ! did you buy them from him by any chance ;)
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Nope, it was from Sunil. :)
    1 person likes this.