1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tigress on the prowl - Punto 90hp Sport

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Auto Freak, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    Was a holiday today with nothing to do, so drove to Ambur for a plate of yummy tasty chicken briyani!
    400km of aimless driving! :D

Here are a few pics!, with the smoked lamps in better clarity

DSC_0744.jpg

DSC_0669.jpg

DSC_0737.jpg

DSC_0675.jpg

DSC_0699.jpg

DSC_0718.jpg
    6 people like this.
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Hood sticker looks great. Would look even better with the smoked lamps. :)
  3. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks Driv3r! :p We'll get the smoked headlamps fitted next weekend!
    But light beam spread comparison first, what say?
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  4. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    looks class now !! :cool: Smoking is just apt, not overdone, if possible, do the fog and reverse light portions too, so that it looks uniform throughout, those two bulbs behind are of pretty good intensity, so no problem !!!
    you wont have any lesser beam spread with smoked HL cos not a single part of reflector is painted, only the dummy portion is blackened...still having problems? upgrade the bulb .. solved :D
    Get a spoiler too .. in Black ;)
  5. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks Varun!. :)
    I thought I should leave some red at the back to go with the sport decal.
    But if its being not uniform, will try out a DIY with the smoking films on the rear fogs and reverse lamps.
    I bought a roll from eBay and tried myself on the tail lamps. But that didn't turn out well thanks to the central vertical projection on the tail lamp.
    Have got some more of the vinyl left!

Spoiler! It hasn't been in my radar :p Will check that out. I like only the OE spoiler but don't feel like drilling to get it fitted.
    Might have to go the double sided tape route.
    1 person likes this.
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Varun, though reflector parts are identical, the light output is different. Both for the HL and also turn indicators. Planning to do a side by side comparison and come to a conclusion.

Auto Freak, nothing like the OE spoiler! Looks classy. 3M Double side tape is the way to go. But they are too costly, nearly 6k now without paint. 20130809_074709.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    We did the 4k kms pune factory visit trip in my frnds punto with blackened HL... never felt it lacking in beam spread compared to my stock HL !! Both of us are having philips rally 100 90. It was good even in foggy conditions , half of our journey was at night !!

spoiler is still available for 5k at 99rpm: Rear Spoiler for Fiat Punto
    there are alternatives, but slight compromise on looks front :
    1.http://www.teamfiat.co.in/fiat-oem-accessories/3336-spoiler-oem-aftermarket-8.html#post114210
    2.mine: got for 2.5k
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/fiat-oem-accessories/3336-spoiler-oem-aftermarket-4.html#post100457
    2 people like this.
  8. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    Fitted the smoked headlamps this morning. It was a DIY by me and Driv3r!!

Used a silicone sealant to seal a few places where we found slight irregularities in the company sealing. Hoping to see no fogging. Will update on that.

Here are a few pics we took soon after the install. :)

yteveby5.jpg

agy8y8eh.jpg

2apymepa.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    8 people like this.
  9. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    And they are fogging :-(

This is not after any water wash or exposure to rain. Did a 30km drive to a town nearby and i see this when I reach home.

ratumu3a.jpg

avu4y4ar.jpg

Wondering what to do..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    1 person likes this.
  10. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

Open the back caps, keep headlight on for 10 minutes and close the cap again. Idea is to drive away any moisture present inside.
    1 person likes this.