1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tigress on the prowl - Punto 90hp Sport

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Auto Freak, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @autofreak, how the heck i missed your thread for so long? Anyways, very nice write up mate! Your tigress looks very royal in its habitat!! I noticed k&n's sticker on your boot lid. Are you using k&n for your 90hp? If yes, then conical one?
    PS : All clicks of your Tigress are just fabulous!!! What cam are you using?
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Autofreak bro even i have read your thread only now. Which part of chennai you belong to.
  3. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks a lot for the kind words :)

Even i usually avoid crowded parking lots where ever I go. Even at the Beach I had parked on a cross road,
    parallel to the road with cars one behind the other! Someone still managed to gift a ding!

Am thinking of putting off the mending process for the moment and keep it for the 15K service.
    Will check out possibility with paintless dent removal though. @DRIV3R told me that they do it at My TVS. Will check out over the weekend

Its only the sticker mate! The car is on stock filter only.
    Glad you liked the pics. The pics on the opening post of this thread were clicked with my friend & TFIan @DRIV3R's Canon 550D.
    The other pics are from my iPhone :)

Hope it wasn't too boring! I'm at Anna Nagar
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  4. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    Two new singers have joined the party!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21363280548.364653.jpg

Got the front speakers replaced with 6.5 inch JBL components today.

Now they balance the soundstage up front pretty well with the Morel 6x9 in the rear. All the while the rear speakers would dominate so much that the front weren't even heard!

It feels more complete now :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    3 people like this.
  5. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Sad to see the dent on your ride. Looks like someone/thing heavy might have fallen/lean on the door !!

Enjoying your new singing components?
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  6. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    Yes! The speakers are JBL GTO649C.
    I haven't taken the car out since the install. From the few minutes of listening last night, I liked the thump I'm getting from the front :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21363348129.854850.jpg

This is the first time I got component speakers installed on any car. I like the high frequency output from the tweeters quite a lot! A lot of songs I ve always been listening to now sound so nice, the 80s and 90s songs especially!

When the door pads were removed for speaker install, I tried pushing out the dents. The larger one managed to pop out almost 90 percent! The smaller one under the sticker didn't budge though.

Got a long drive to home town tomorrow. Can't wait to experience the speakers. Getting the playlist built!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    4 people like this.
  7. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Hey, great looking car!! i would want to know where ur frnd got that gun metal grey alloys powdercoated?
  8. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks a lot Mohankv! :)

The car with gun metal rims belong to @DRIV3R. Its been painted in gun metal grey. Not power coating.
    It was done at a shop in Villivakam, Chennai. Costed around 1K a wheel. But he wasnt too happy with the finish.

A few details can be found on this page.
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/after-mar...punto-alloys-give-sporty-look.html#post137089

Awaiting your 90hp review! :)
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  9. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Cant wait to get my hands on my 90hp, the wait is killing me:(
    i was thinking i will powdercoat my car alloys to the same gun metal grey asap
  10. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    Tigress gets a makeover! :)
    Got the roof covered in gloss black vinyl today.

Here are the pics.

In process:
    IMG_3172.JPG

Job complete!
    IMG_3174.JPG

IMG_3191.JPG

IMG_3192.JPG
    5 people like this.